What's new
What's new

Where does this screw/bolt go?

Idflatwater

Plastic
IMG_6771.jpg

I just bought this lathe I've found where all the other odd parts go but this one. Can you tell me where it goes? Does anyone have a PDF of a 10 L break down?

While that bolt looks like something SBL would make, it not what has been mentioned.
I don't remember anything on the Heavy 10, or any other size, that would use that bolt.
:confused::confused::confused:
Ted

Not sure on a 10, but on mine it looks like the fitted type screw for the bull gear cover/guard and the guard for back gears. The screws toward front side of machine are longer fitted type while the rear screws are shorter. You can see in my pic the screw head on those two gear covers.

16.jpg

While that bolt looks like something SBL would make, it not what has been mentioned.
I don't remember anything on the Heavy 10, or any other size, that would use that bolt.
:confused::confused::confused:
Ted

Ted,

On a 10L I have, there was those cheese head screws holding the saddle to the apron. Also a couple other places as has been said. Possibly the end of the lead screw had those through the bed, and/or holding the head to the bed as well.

That screw doesn't look like the ones in the saddle/apron as the thread is not very long.

Are you saying that SB didn't use the cheese head screws ? Or just that the amount of thread looks wrong ?

Ted,

On a 10L I have, there was those cheese head screws holding the saddle to the apron. Also a couple other places as has been said. Possibly the end of the lead screw had those through the bed, and/or holding the head to the bed as well.

That screw doesn't look like the ones in the saddle/apron as the thread is not very long.

Are you saying that SB didn't use the cheese head screws ? Or just that the amount of thread looks wrong ?

Of course they made "cheese head" screws. There sure isn't the right amount of threads on that one and the look too fine. That bolt looks like a shoulder bolt...
Ted

Since Ted mentioned shoulder bolts...my 16" telescoping steady rest uses a shoulder bolt as the hinge for the top half of the frame. I can't say for sure if it's original or not, but maybe that's where this one belongs. It does look like a cheesehead that SBL would have used.

Back