What's new
What's new

Where to find replacement blade for Armstrong threading tool?

Holescreek

Titanium
I have an Armstrong threading tool holder that is missing its 60 degree adjustable blade. Does anyone know if they are still available? I searched "Armstrong" and got wrenches. The tool looks like this one:
ArmstrongThreadingTool.jpg

Thanks! -Mike

I believe I have an Armstrong catalog in my vendor file at work from the late 1990's showing the full line of traditional lathe tools. Might try MSC's on-line catalog. I believe they rep. Armstrong products.

Tom B.

Thanks for the reply. I was unable to find them in the MSC catalog, but I did find the part number(s) on Armstrong's website. They listed MSC and Fastenall as distributors so I sent MSC an email requesting pricing. There are 3 different part numbers and I am unsure as to which one I need yet. -Mike

Hello,
I've also got one of those and would also be interested in comming up with one or two extras.
What are the part numbers you came up with? Let us know what they tell you. I wonder if the came with any differnt thread styles, like acme maybe?

Thanks
Richard

Richard, here's the web page for the thread form tools, it has a list of which "insert" (for lack of a better term)goes with which holder. Armstrong formed thread cutters
In my request to MSC, I asked for the prices on all 3 inserts as well as MSC numbers to order them. I'll keep you posted. -Mike

Hello,
Good luck finding one on ebay! I've not seen one yet! The reason those cutters are so high priced is they'll last a long time, with proper use and maintance. I can't even think how many carbide inserts it take to do the same amount of threads as one of these! I'm glad my lathe came with one that had little use.

Thanks
Richard

Did anyone ever find someplace to buy the thread forming blades for the armstrong CXA 81-125? I bought 2 of them today for 60 dollars with nearly new blades in them, but I'd like to know if blades are available somewhere.

Back