What's new
What's new

Wtb 11" sb spindle sleeve

Piglet

Plastic
Hello I'm interested in a spindle sleeve for a 11 in South bend lathe. Any one have for sale?

A Mt 3 is too small, and a 4 is too big. I looked at a parts catalog from 34 on Steve Wells site, looked to me like there was an adapter sleeve to adapt from the spindle taper to possibly Mt 2. This is my first lathe so I have know clue what the taper is in the spindle? Possibly propriatary? Jarno? Mt 3 1\2? lol. This is 49306 sn shipped on 3-25-32. I believe it's a series "O"

SB used a proprietary taper in most lathes, with the angle of an MT 3, but the diameter changed to suit the bore of the spindle. That said, I don't have the reducing bushing for any of my lathes, and I turn between centers frequently. Just make a spindle center by turning a 60 degree point on a piece of stock in the chuck. Turn the lathe dog with a chuck jaw. If you don't remove the center before you use it, it will run true.

allan

Thanks that is a great idea. Was mostly wanting to center tailstock, this will work as long as I have it either like you describe or indicated in four jaw.

Well, here are the specs given for the "T" series 11"...

lathespecs0010.jpg

Hope that helps,

-Ron

Back