What's new
What's new

WTB: South Bend 9" Lathe 80 tooth Idler Gear

TooManyTools

Plastic
Hi,

I'm looking for the Idler gear used on the 9A B and C lathes. It's an 80 tooth and should have "PT 33 NK" in the part number.

Thanks,

John

Thanks guys. I contacted Ted before posting but he didn't have one. There are currently 2 on eBay. One of them is a buy it now but I think, and correct me if I'm wrong, $100 is a bit steep. The other is a auction for the two idlers and the banjo, so who knows what that will go for. I'm not the first to say, "But I only paid $300 bucks for the entire lathe...." It's a 9B and it's only missing the 80T compound (came with a 54 off of a 9C I think) and the 16T small threading gear. Anyway, the search continues.

Thanks, Eric. I just pulled the trigger on one from eBay. I'm glad I didn't pay a lot for the lathe as I'm now seeing how things can add up. I am very happy with it though even though this gear was missing. Now to save up for some collets:-)

"I may have one, I will check when I get home tonight
-Eric"

Hello Eric, I am also needing an 80 idler gear. Did you find an extra one?

Last edited:
Your guess is wrong... 18 DP, which are not readily available after market.

Yep. It is almost the only thing that we use our 18DP hobs for. Every rare, second, Blue moon a gear job comes through that requires 18DP gears, but it is so infrequent that I could not even recall the last one. SouthBend Lathe replacement gears, however... that we see frequently. :cool: Unfortunately, it seems that having a fully functional lathe is just as rarely valued as much as they cost to make. :rolleyes5: :D

Back