What's new
What's new

Wtf chuck?

tommyv

Plastic
Hello every one. Im new here and I got this chuck in a box of stuff I received with the purchase of a 1941 SB 10R RKL. This is my first lathe and I got 3 chucks with it but have no idea what, who this chuck is all about.
Thank You!

Attachments

• 20180303_113855.jpg
    20180303_113855.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 410
  • 20180303_113938.jpg
    20180303_113938.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 449
  • 20180303_114011.jpg
    20180303_114011.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 431
Say a pictures worth a thousand words but the pictures you posted those words wouldn't be about the subject, more about the photography or lack of. Those could be pictures of anything from a chuck,die head or a plumbing fitting for what it's worth.
Dan

Yea....I think if you back up on the camera and add some pics of the front, back and a side view of the chuck, maybe someone can help you. A close up by itself is nothing but confusing. Hence the reply from Danny. And FWIW, I totally agree with Danny. Your pics do nothing other than show us some sort of square jaws of some kind of unknown chuck.

Say a pictures worth a thousand words but the pictures you posted those words wouldn't be about the subject, more about the photography or lack of. Those could be pictures of anything from a chuck,die head or a plumbing fitting for what it's worth.
Dan

you could have simply scrolled past my post or even said, " I can't tell by the pictures." No, instead you felt the need to insult me. Whats that say about Dan? Bet I could do a thousand word about it.

That was my initial thought Chris but the edges within are not exactly blunt but I don't see them making much of a cut. I suppose I should have taken a little better pictures but your probably right.

you could have simply scrolled past my post or even said, " I can't tell by the pictures." No, instead you felt the need to insult me. Whats that say about Dan? Bet I could do a thousand word about it.
Just being honest and nothing personal was implied, I guess I touched a nerve?
Really if you ask for help you ought to go to the trouble of making the thing in question a little clearer.
Dan

It's not about insulting you. Your pictures are useless as they are. Nobody can help you based on what they show.

This has long been a pet peeve of mine; people posting completely blurred and unusable images. All it takes is quick
peek before you post the image to see if it's going to work or not. And you're not alone--same thing happens on eBay
and Craigslist. Posted pics are so out of focus or badly exposed that they provide no information at all...

Tommy....There's an old saying I always refer back to. "Sometimes..It's not about YOU."

In this case...It's not about you personally. It's about the pictures. People always take crap way too personal. They wave to their next door neighbor one morning and the neighbor just looks at them and gets in the car and drives away. They then go through the day wondering why the neighbor is mad at them or why he didn't wave. That SOB of a neighbor didn't wave to me. How dare him. .
Well...Maybe the neighbor just had a fight with his wife and thats why he didn't wave. The neighbor is pissed...but he isn't pissed at you. He's pissed at his wife. Like I say...It isn't about YOU.

I did take it personal. This is my first post on this forum and that was the first response I received. "First Impressions." However you are absolutely correct and thoughs were wise words. Thank You

Okay, took some different pix.

Attachments

• 20180306_115231.jpg
    20180306_115231.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 201
  • 20180306_115309.jpg
    20180306_115309.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 190
  • 20180306_115316.jpg
    20180306_115316.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 200
  • 20180306_115435.jpg
    20180306_115435.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 190
  • 20180306_115442.jpg
    20180306_115442.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 211
I think the original guesses by others is correct in that it is some sort of threading chuck. That square head screw on the side might be an adjustment for the threading dies. Maybe a pipe threading chuck from a Ridgid pipe threader ?

I think the original guesses by others is correct in that it is some sort of threading chuck. That square head screw on the side might be an adjustment for the threading dies. Maybe a pipe threading chuck from a Ridgid pipe threader ?

If anything it is designed to hold various sizes of tap tooling. As the jaws close they close in a square shape.

Back