What's new
What's new

WTB - 11/16 - 18 tap

MSC has right hand taps in stock. For LH I had to have mine made, now there are street rod and 4wd specialty places that stock them. FWIW, Jeep uses the same thread.

I think MSC over charges on there shipping. IMHO

McMaster-Carr has both right and left hand in stock.

about $42 for right hand and about $73 for left hand.

Thanks for the input. I had checked McMaster, and figured $42. for a likely single use was a little high.
Had also checked Ebay, and found Speedway selling them there. The shipping was $14. on Ebay, but if you buy it off their website it's only $7. May end up going to Speedway, but I am unhappy with their customer service after a previous incident.
I did email they guy on HAMB, but haven't heard back.

Mel :typing:

If indeed it is right hand ....Look for a local truck repair shop.... Cummins head bolts are that thread... the big ones not the pickup trucks.

for example NH, NTA, from 290 t0 475 horsepower, and when you tell them what it's for they will probably do it for free.

Mick

Mel, send me an email to my user name @gmail.com, not sure if my private message got through since it says I have 0 sent. I have a used tap in this size, but need the email to remind me to look for it when I get home. I'll sell it $15 shipped 1st class or $18 shipped priority, cash or paypal gift. Can send a high resolution picture as I'm a newb to metalworking and what looks good to me may not look good to somebody who knows what they are doing. I know chipped/missing teeth, but can't tell visually sharp or dull I don't think.

Back