What's new
What's new

want to buy Holdridge style radius cutter

scrap

Banned
i'm looking for a radius cutter / ball turner like the Holdridge style let me know what you have and a price shipped thank you.

I've got a Holdridge 3S that I think is complete. PM me your email and I'll send you some pics. I need to check on shipping.
Greg

There is another Holdridge unit that employs a worm gearbox to move the cutter.

Which gets me to thinking.....

If the specific task would allow it, I suspect a smallish rotary table could take the place of a compound slide. Perhaps some holes may need to be drilled and tapped (somewhere), perhaps an extension shaft for the handwheel would be needed, and perhaps the operator would need to be gentle.

Just a thought...

Here's the link:
https://hermes.web.com/mnt/files/S/p/Spherical Tool Brochure.pdf8a537bc4.pdf

I've got what I think is the largest Holdridge radii cutting mechanism, along with the motor which turns it. I think it is either the 8 or 12d. Without looking I am guessing at the model number. I bought it used about 10 years ago and I never used it.

I'd take $1200 plus shipping for the set. Comes in two wooden cases.

thank you but thats way out of my budget
I've got what I think is the largest Holdridge radii cutting mechanism, along with the motor which turns it. I think it is either the 8 or 12d. Without looking I am guessing at the model number. I bought it used about 10 years ago and I never used it.

I'd take $1200 plus shipping for the set. Comes in two wooden cases.

Maybe.... The included brazed carbide cutters are about the only thing that wears, otherwise they don't wear out. The drive motor is a chunk of bux... And no Mine is not for sale...

well thank you for your .05 but i don't need a 12d with a drive motor and i'm not looking to spend 1200.00 for some thing i don't need does that make me cheap ? and give you and your buddy the right to be rude to me ??
Maybe.... The included brazed carbide cutters are about the only thing that wears, otherwise they don't wear out. The drive motor is a chunk of bux... And no Mine is not for sale...

$1200 for what was offered is (at least to me) an impulse purchasing price, IF the bits and bobs were to be regulary put to use.

If it was simply a trophy for the kids to sell at the inevitable estate sale, there are better ways to spend money.

$2600 for the 12D, plus $2000 for the motor drive.

I'd love to have a drive motor too,but as little as I'd ever use it,I wouldn't pay a lot for one.

I DO have a brand new variable speed motor for driving Suburban punch grinding units(motor is also Suburban). I don't know why they cost a fortune either,but I'd trade it on a Holdridge motor unit.

Back