deadend is offline Hot Rolled

Default WTB lathe manual for a 1948 Leblond

Need a manual for a 1948 Leblond slilding bed gap lathe. New manual is $85.00. Lathe is a 17"/28" it has standard Vee ways not the long slant like a Regal,
    it has varible speed drive, it was on a navy ship at one time.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 100_4040.jpg   100_4041.jpg   100_4042.jpg   100_4043.jpg  

geckocycles is offline Plastic

Did you try http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Leblondlathe/files/

If you know the manual number that would help. Try EBay too. Lots of copies available there. Watch for crooked and crappy picture scans.

geckocycles is offline Plastic

Did you try http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Leblondlathe/files/

If you know the manual number that would help. Try EBay too. Lots of copies available there. Watch for crooked and crappy picture scans.

R_Audano is online now Aluminum

Nice to see a sliding bed lathe does actually exist...

LeBlond Ltd. > Home last I knew these guys still sold manuals for their own machines. They had them for the Leblond I owned a few years back. They'll just need the SN from the Tailstock end of the bed. They'll probably tell you who it was sold to at the same time.

Cool Manual

yea they want $85.00 Ouch

R_Audano is online now Aluminum

That price was a bit painful but there is generally some very useful information.
    Perhaps You'll get lucky and someone on the forum will have time to scan their copy for you. Were they able to tell You who the original owner was?

I have never laid my hands on one of the sliding bed lathes. In theory it's pretty neat but I have wondered if there were any issues with getting one leveled. My suspicion was that they were an elite class of machines and not many were sold.

romie24 is online now Aluminum

Can you give the serial number? I have I think the same exact lathe. The number on it starts with a D I am not where the lathe is now but can be this weekend. mike

Marty Feldman is offline Stainless

There is a Dept. of the Army Technical Manual (TM9-3416-221-10) that is an Operator's Manual, Lathe, Engine, Floor Mounted, Sliding Bed Gap, 17 to 28 in. Rated Swing. It can be printed out from the internet. It runs to almost 100 pages and includes all the schematics, parts lists, etc. I have a printed out copy and you are welcome to it, free, if you want it. Just pay the postage - maybe five bucks or so in a padded envelope. PM me if interested.
    -Marty-

Default lathe manual

Quote Originally Posted by romie24 View Post
    Can you give the serial number? I have I think the same exact lathe. The number on it starts with a D I am not where the lathe is now but can be this weekend. mike

Yea it is serial #D10169 Thanks

Default manual

Quote Originally Posted by Marty Feldman View Post
    There is a Dept. of the Army Technical Manual (TM9-3416-221-10) that is an Operator's Manual, Lathe, Engine, Floor Mounted, Sliding Bed Gap, 17 to 28 in. Rated Swing. It can be printed out from the internet. It runs to almost 100 pages and includes all the schematics, parts lists, etc. I have a printed out copy and you are welcome to it, free, if you want it. Just pay the postage - maybe five bucks or so in a padded envelope. PM me if interested.
    -Marty-
    Thanks I already looked didn't have one,unless I was looking in the wrong spot.

romie24 is online now Aluminum

I was able to get a buddy to look at it for me and the serial number of mine is D10588, not that it matters other than I don't have a manual either and I guess if you find anything or I do I will let you know and likewise. I wonder how many of these are out there? Thanks mike

Default Gap Lathe

Well your is newer than mine, here is LeBlond's number they could tell you how many where made and between what years.888-532-5663

Quote Originally Posted by romie24 View Post
    I was able to get a buddy to look at it for me and the serial number of mine is D10588, not that it matters other than I don't have a manual either and I guess if you find anything or I do I will let you know and likewise. I wonder how many of these are out there? Thanks mike

Regal13 is offline Cast Iron

That variable speed drive is certainly unique--I've never seen anything like that on a leblond. It almost looks like it could have been a later modification??? Interesting and it gives me an idea for when I put my other Regal back together.