What's new
What's new

~1981 Enterprise 1550 MKL Lathe Manual

DuekerCustom

Plastic
I am looking for a manual for this machine. I bought it with a bunch of gernaded gears and need part numbers. From what I am reading this machine is worth spending the time to recommission and put back into service. If anybody has the documentation for this machine please let me know how I can obtain it. Thanks!!

Enterprise 1550 Manual

Well, I have an Enterprise 1550 (S/N J-1950) from the early 1980's. I'm a home hobby guy, the machine has been great for me. There is more than one "Enterprise" lathe on the market. Mine was made by "The Mysore Kirloskar" in India

I purchased it 2nd hand in January 1983, and was able to get it with a photocopy manual (it is a pretty modest manual). "Instruction & Spare Parts Manual". I can easily scan it in - when I'm at work, but that won't be until next Tuesday.

Here is a picture of my machine. Is you're the same one?

David

Attachments

• DCP_0490.jpg
    DCP_0490.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 4,058
Thanks for the info. Yeah this machine is really close to mine. I finally just purchased a manual from HH Roberts in Toronto. Possible they infused some gold in with the paper to come up with the price. I have a quote coming for parts from India. The purchase of this 1550 actually led me onto a EL-2 Model which is in super conditon. I'm selling the 1550 since I got this other one. Look at Craigslist under Fort Collins/Northern Colorado under metal lathe to find this Enterprise 1550 to compare pics. I'm going to keep it listed until it sells. I am superimpressed with both of these machines. Both of them I upgraded to pushbutton controls with a VFD power supply. Thanks for letting me know about the manual. Now it is time to find some parts.

Russ

Well, I have an Enterprise 1550 (S/N J-1950) from the early 1980's. I'm a home hobby guy, the machine has been great for me. There is more than one "Enterprise" lathe on the market. Mine was made by "The Mysore Kirloskar" in India

I purchased it 2nd hand in January 1983, and was able to get it with a photocopy manual (it is a pretty modest manual). "Instruction & Spare Parts Manual". I can easily scan it in - when I'm at work, but that won't be until next Tuesday.

David
Hi David,
I am looking for the manual for the Enterprise 1550.
Request you to kindly share the same.
Thanks,
Anil

manual of mk enterprise 1550

hello.how are you.i bought mk enterprise 1550 india made.can u please send me the manual for it.thanx In advance.cheers

Thanks for the info. Yeah this machine is really close to mine. I finally just purchased a manual from HH Roberts in Toronto. Possible they infused some gold in with the paper to come up with the price. I have a quote coming for parts from India. The purchase of this 1550 actually led me onto a EL-2 Model which is in super conditon. I'm selling the 1550 since I got this other one. Look at Craigslist under Fort Collins/Northern Colorado under metal lathe to find this Enterprise 1550 to compare pics. I'm going to keep it listed until it sells. I am superimpressed with both of these machines. Both of them I upgraded to pushbutton controls with a VFD power supply. Thanks for letting me know about the manual. Now it is time to find some parts.

Russ

I realize this an old thread but I have recently bought one of these machines and would appreciate it if anyone has a manual they could copy for me or know of anywhere I can get one. Thank you.

David
I was wondering if you can still scan a copy of the manual as i am looking for one too.

I was wondering if you ever got a manual for the 1550? If so, would you mind sharing a copy of it?

I have sent the manual out to quite a few people. I finally posted it on line. If you search "Enterprise 1550 Lathe Manual" you should have no trouble finding it.

Please leave me a comment for my efforts. If you come up with a better condition or more complete manual, please post it and let me know. Regards, David

Please share a clear picture of front of your machine. Mine gear and ratio charts are not visible. It will be a great help.

Back