What's new
What's new

6" Kalamazoo 4-Jaw Chuck

twowheelinjim

Aluminum
I have a nice 6" Kalamazoo four jaw chuck for your consideration. This an older U.S made chuck that was used in a cylindrical grinder. The jaws appear to be reversable although the outside surfaces of the jaw show signs of grinder wheel touch. Pictures will clarify what I'm explaining. I believe this chuck is serviceable and has potential for a long life.
Asking $150 plus shipping.
I also have a Hardinge-Sjogren #2A Speed-Collet chuck with an assortment of 24 collets. It came off the same grinder and most of the collets show signs of wheel collision. I'm not sure about parting with this set since I'm still trying to figure out if I can make the speed collet chuck work on my 10L.
I would consider trading everthing for an Aloris AXA size quick change tool post and tool holder.

Here an image of the chuck. As I tried to explain, the damage is minimal and the affected surfaces could be easily cleaned up. It looks as if the tip of the jaws got too close to the grinder's wheel.
Hyundai016.jpg

If you need a better close up please PM thanks.

6" O/D
4 1/8" bolt pattern
3 1/4" X 5/8" tapered shank.
I decided to do a little more looking at my chuck. After a closer inspectio, this what I found :
Buck tool Co.
model: 1306 M
serial 40210 0
Made in the USA
I hope this helps, thanks for inquiring.

Last edited:

Back