What's new
What's new

Airco Torch Tips & Lathe Jaws

LatheWerks

Cast Iron
Hey everyone,

My friends Grandfather used to be a Union welder of the Greatest Generation. He passed away last month at 95 years old and left behind some oxy acetylene torch tips from Airco. Since nobody in his family or mine does this type of work, I am trying to sell these so they find use in the world.

These are all in new condition, came with the boxes.
I have seen them sell on Ebay for around $20-40 per tip.
Please make a reasonable offer and they are yours. I'll offer them cheaper if you buy more.
Shipping will be USPS Priority with full-value insurance in case they get damaged.

Qty 1: Size 0
Qty 1: Size 1
Qty 5: Size 2
Qty 5: Size 3
Qty 3: Size 4
Qty 2: Size 5

AircoTorch.jpg

I also have these lathe chuck jaws for sale. There are 6 total, and they are in NEW condition. Here's the online description for them:

ABBOTT 1.5mm x 60° Serrated Chuck Jaws - Style P - Model : KTT8S2 CHUCK SIZE: 8" Hole Spacing: .984" Height : 4" Length : 4" Width : 1.5"

These sell for $135 + shipping online. I'm looking for about $100 per set of 3 jaws, or best offer.

LatheJaws.jpg

LatheJawsBox.jpg

Send me a Private Message for the quickest response (I get email alerts).
~Chris

Hey all, still for sale. Make an offer! Willing to sell for cheap since I have no use for these.

I also have 9 pounds of tinned copper solder for sale.
I'm really unsure of the value of this stuff on the open market. $60 shipped? Make an offer.

Solder.jpg

what is "tinned copper solder"? I've been soldering all kinds of things since 1970 or so, herd of "tinned copper" in relation to cooking pots, and soldering tips and "irons", but not solder. tinning flux, yes. Tin alloy solder, yes. "tinned copper solder" ...not so much.

Honestly, that's what the guy at the scrap yard told me. He used the analyzer tool and said you get the price for #2 copper if I sell it to them. I only have mill & lathe experience, I use those Sharkbite things for plumbing as far as I know this is just normal solder. It's not silver solder.

hmm.. well, he did did he? I'm going to say it is most definitely NOT "just normal solder" as in a tin or tin lead alloy. the bigger rolls at least.

take an end and heat it with a propane or MAPP torch, if it melts after a dull glow in a darkened room, it is not "soft solder". then sand the end, is it pinkish, or white/yellow?

hmm.. well, he did did he? I'm going to say it is most definitely NOT "just normal solder" as in a tin or tin lead alloy. the bigger rolls at least.

take an end and heat it with a propane or MAPP torch, if it melts after a dull glow in a darkened room, it is not "soft solder". then sand the end, is it pinkish, or white/yellow?

Here's what happens when I heat it. It melts after glowing. It is definitely hard to bend it and I would not call it "soft" physically.
Solder2.jpg

Update: The Airco torch tips are all SOLD.

As for the hard solder, I burnt it with the torch, then hit it against an aluminum oxide grinding wheel and a belt sander but it made no sparks. It just got hot and melted.

Back