What's new
What's new

Aloris and Seco toolholders

JRIowa

Diamond
Free! You pay shipping

1. Aloris BXA-16 turning and facing holder. This holder uses TPG-32X inserts. Needs shims, screws etc. Been sitting on my desk for 20 years and needs to go. I think it will fit in the smallest USPS priority box.

2. SECO MTENN-24 insert holder. This uses TNMG-54X inserts and is probably not for a hobiest. 1.500" square shank. One of the brilliant operators at work install in the lathe @ 90 deg off. It wouldn't stay in so... he had it welded! After it was cut out, it came to my desk. So, it's got 3 spots on each SIDE where it was tacked. Again, I think it will fit in small box.

If you want either, send me a PM with your shipping address. I will mail to you in cheapest package possible. My address and the cost will be inside, just mail me a check so I can give to SWMBO. I'm thinking shipping will be less than $20.

JR

SECO MTENN-24 insert holder. This uses TNMG-54X inserts and is probably not for a hobiest. 1.500" square shank.

Just wanted to say that it is very doable to take such a holder and directly machine a female dovetail in it so that it can attach directly to a smaller toolpost than the cutter was originally designed for.

metalmagpie

Just wanted to say that it is very doable to take such a holder and directly machine a female dovetail in it so that it can attach directly to a smaller toolpost than the cutter was originally designed for.

metalmagpie
That holder takes a 5/8" IC insert. The cheap ones are over $20 each. That's why I said "probably not for a hobiest.
JR

Back