LFLondon

Hot Rolled
WTB: Sine bars.

I am interested in buying several quality used sine bars:

10" or thereabouts
5" or thereabouts

1" width or 2" width or both widths in each length depending on price

Or possibly a kit containing gauge blocks sized to generate specific tapers

There was a recent thread on affordable sine bars with a reference to a mail order
source for a 10" import kit w. gauge blocks @ $70. Can't locate this thread.
If anyone could point me to the PM thread or the mail order source for the kit I would appreciate it.

Thanks for any feedback,

LFLondon
[email protected]

sine bars

I have a Brown & Sharpe 10" grade A sine bar in the original wooden case that I'd sell for $75.00 including priority mail shipping.
I could take some photos this weekend if you're interested.
Cheers,
Gordon

I have a Brown & Sharpe 10" grade A sine bar in the original wooden case that I'd sell for $75.00 including priority mail shipping.
I could take some photos this weekend if you're interested.
Cheers,
Gordon

Thanks Gordon, I am interested. What is the width? I'll probably buy it but the photos would be helpful. Advice needed: what to look for in a sine bar for general purpose work, 1" or 2" width. The answer is probably obvious but I'll ask anyway.

Thanks again,

LFLondon
919 260 3030
[email protected]

10" sine bar

Hi LFL,
I just sent some large photos to your email. I forgot to mention in that email that the bar is 1.125" wide. As far as what to look for, just figure how you're going to be using the bar. If you need to support wide heavy pieces, you may want a sine plate, otherwise, either 1 or 2 inches should work fine.
Cheers,
Gordon

This what you had in mind?
sinebar.jpg

I manufacture these in the USA. Brand new. Cost $34.00 + 3.00 shipping
accuracy: Parallel over top .0002 total 5 inch centerline within .0003

Fishermachine at aol dot com

Hi LFL,
I just sent some large photos to your email. I forgot to mention in that email that the bar is 1.125" wide. As far as what to look for, just figure how you're going to be using the bar. If you need to support wide heavy pieces, you may want a sine plate, otherwise, either 1 or 2 inches should work fine.
Cheers,
Gordon

Got your email & sent reply. Consider it sold. The 1.125 will be fine.

This what you had in mind?
sinebar.jpg

I manufacture these in the USA. Brand new. Cost $34.00 + 3.00 shipping
accuracy: Parallel over top .0002 total 5 inch centerline within .0003

Fishermachine at aol dot com

Very nice! I'll keep that in mind. What sizes do you offer?

Hi LFL
The sine bar is made in 5 inches, 2-1/2 and 100 mm between centers. all are 1 inch wide.
I also make a sine bar with a vee down the center for round stuff. It is 5 inches between center line and 1-1/4 inches wide and will hold a 1 inch diameter round.
Thanks
Lost
Rollers are 5/8 dia
edited 9-7-08

Last edited:
Hi LFL
The sine bar is made in 5 inches, 2-1/2 and 10mm between centers. all are 1 inch wide.
I also make a sine bar with a vee down the center for round stuff. It is 5 inches between center line and 1-1/4 inches wide and will hold a 1 inch diameter round.
Thanks
Lost

Is your 10mm sine bar accurate to .0003 inch? How big are the rolls?

larry

Back