What's new
What's new

CSE Stiefelmayer Machinist spirit level for sale

w.lawhorn

Plastic
I have a CSE Stiefelmayer machinist level 12" accurate to 0.04 mm/m I do not know what its exactly worth but somewhere around 350 new since it is used the price is lower and negotiable make me an offer.

Edit: It is actually a shaft level model number 130304 in the Stiefelmayer-Contento Catalog.

Last edited:
sorry about that let me introduce myself My name is Will Lawhorn and i am a welder not an IT pro lol.:confused: So if u would kindly direct me how to post a picture on a forum such as this it would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Will L.

Look at the top of the forum for info on posting photos. It's not too hard once you get the hang of it. I'm not an IT guy either but us shop guys seem to be pretty good about figuring things out.

Walter A.

After I posted I went back and checked the photo thread location. Couldn't find it so here is my solution:

1 - Click the USER CP button Then Edit Options under Settings and Options.

2 - Set up your posting editor - Miscellaneous Options, Message Editor Interface - Standard Editor - Extra Formatting controls.

3 - When posting make sure your photos are on an off line source like Photo Bucket and are in Web Size. I use Phanfare (paid subscription). Anyway, highlight and copy the link to the photo you want to post.

4 - When typing your message and reach the point where you want to insert a photo look at the top of the message box for a little icon that looks like a postcard. Just click that and paste the link into the drop down box.

5 - Do a preview before posting. Don't post photos so large that people need to slide the screen to view the whole photo.
---------------------------------
An alternate which many people use is to add the photo as an attachment. I think you have to have small files and add them after you post. You can make you photos smaller by using a photo re-sizer or emailing them to yourself. Windows will usually ask you if you want to send them smaller. Once you post your message just click the edit button and add the photo.

Walter A.

I think most machinists need a level. It will just depend on style, condition and price.

You also need to do a grammar and spelling check. One Ox is enough
biggrin.gif

An alternate which many people use is to add the photo as an attachment. I think you have to have small files and add them after you post. You can make you photos smaller by using a photo re-sizer or emailing them to yourself. Windows will usually ask you if you want to send them smaller. Once you post your message just click the edit button and add the photo.

Walter A.

To me this is far easier, somewhat like uploading pictures to CL or Ebay. You photo files have to be reduced to under 100K, and you should also crop and lighten them if needed.

Mel :typing:

I use the photo hosting site, Phanfare because at times I need someone to view several photos in large format. My ISP would not allow me to email that many large files even though I am on Fiber Optic.

The added benefit is that i can insert the photos right in my message.

If you are still using Windows XP there are a set of Microsoft downloads call Tweaks for XP. One of these is a photo re-sizer. I found it to be real handy and easier than the email route. Although I also use Vista and 7 they are specialized machines and I am not sure if they have the photo resizing addition.

Just like my shop tool boxes. The more tools the better!

Walter A.

Pics!!!!!!

I think most machinists need a level. It will just depend on style, condition and price.

You also need to do a grammar and spelling check. One Ox is enough
biggrin.gif

Haha yeah I was on my phone. Sorry it took so long to get a pic guys.

Attachments

• 2010-05-31 22.51.28.jpg
    2010-05-31 22.51.28.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 1,226
  • 2010-05-31 22.52.12.jpg
    2010-05-31 22.52.12.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 781
i may be interested. What do you want for the damn thing. this is not "lets make a deal"

Lol thats hilarious. Well I just talked to stiefelmayer and they said 250 new.

Since it has some slight surface rust and that the paint has chipped in some areas and since 3 of the 4 cover screws are missing $150

w. lawhorn,

You haven't mentioned whether the dial is equally level in opposite directions? You have a level that has questionable accuracy and appears to have been taken apart for repair. How accurate is it?

The vial has not been adjusted that i am aware of and there are no tool marks in the set screws no chips around the set screws the horiz. level is set in wax the vert. level is not however i can find no evidence of it ever being adjusted.
The man that had it engineered and installed printing presses. Big machines with rollers that took a 53' long flatbed semi to haul, i am sure for any reason that he adjusted the level he knew exactly what he is doing it is the only one of the kind in his gangbox. The only other level is a starrett professional builders level and i know he wasnt balancing 50 foot 50ton rollers with that.

Back