What's new
What's new

Dad passed and trying to identify some of his equipment

yougotit

Plastic
Hi there,

I m trying to learn about two hydraulic presses and other equipment my dad had in his shop when he passed and how much they are worth. Are you able to help? I noticed some presses that look similar on your account and thought you might do me and mom this kindness if you have the willingness.

Thank you for your time

30724159_10211325993087131_4921695263204048896_n.jpg30711101_10211325992887126_3441353279043272704_n.jpg

Beefy press, holes for heating elements.
Used to use one of those for making test coupons from resins.

Not a shop press.

Probable cost 6k to buy one new.
2k to the right person.

Check the materials labs around you.

Used for pressing thermoset plastics ,bonding ,laminating etc pretty limited really I would put them on Ebay at scrap value and hope someone bids them upif you want rid of them.

Some type of lab press. Its worth what you can get. Pretty obscure, scrap value unless you can find the right person. Which is not likely.

As for putting on ebay and letting market decide.... unless you can prove it runs, give specs, and load it wont go well.

Years ago I spent a summer at a place that manufactured low volume composites. We used a couple of similar presses for the items that needed to be clamped during a heated cure cycle. You might find someone interested in that. Worst case if you have a local nonprofit Makerspace sort of place you may be able to get a tax write off. Not sure how that compares to your other options.

Back