What's new
What's new

Erickson quick change bridgeport spindle

Its difficult to tell from your picture, is that a BOSS spindle or a standard spindle?

A caution to an unfamiliar buyer, when installing the spindle bearings on a QC30 spindle you must install the retaining cap that holds the spindle in the quill before installing your bearings. The retaining cap is the same as a R8 spindle.

Standard spindle. Came out of a 2j head. Correct, the quill nose must be on before pressing the bearings on. The diameter right above the nut measures the same as an r8.

Here is a picture for Boomerang showing the spindle next to a jhead spindle

Attachments

• 20181104_131214.jpg
    20181104_131214.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 325
I just bought an old boss. Not sure exactly what year or boss # its a series 1 head with what i have come to believe is a qc30 spindle. I have started cleaning it up and am currently hooking it up to stepper drivers and Manual pulse generators to esentially turn it into a manual mill sorta. What if any tool holders are interchangable with qc30?
Where do i get them?

Proof of concept electromechanical manual retrofit boss and getting it cleaned up.
She's alive!!! Turning a cnc mill into a electromecanical manual mill - YouTube

Wonders of kroil The mill clean up - YouTube

Thanks for any help

Welcome to the forum.

Its poor form to add a different question to someone else's post, so please repost this in the Bridgeport or General forums. It will get much more traffic that way. The start new post button is at both the top and bottom of the page.

Back