What's new
What's new

Free: 208-600 V 10kVA 3-phase open delta autotransformer in pristine condition

rklopp

Diamond
I have a 3-phase 10-kVA Marcus open delta autotransformer that came with my Aciera F5 mill from Canada. It is 208-600V, and the ratios are accurate - I checked. However, there are no adjustment taps plus or minus. It has only ever been used to demo the Aciera at the seller's facility. The knockouts are still intact.

I am giving it away because of the limited market, and I don't want to deal with shipping. You have to come get it. It weighs 85 lbs.

Marcus 1.jpgMarcus 2.jpgMarcus 3.jpgMarcus 4.jpgMarcus 5.jpg

Not an electrical whiz. Can I run a 7.5 hp 600volt 3ph manual machine with this transformer off a 220 3phase supply? If yes, I'm very interested.

Regards,
Lucky

Sorry, only works with 208V input, and 10 kVA is probably not enough capacity. You could put a separate buck-boost on the input to get the right voltage, but that would not fix the capacity issue. Great salesman, aren't I?!!??😀

Well, not sure if honesty and salesman are frequently found in same sentance... :-)

And thanks for info.

Regards,
Lucky7

Last edited:
Rich, (sorry, fat fingered your name)

I'd like to ask a dumb question. This seems pretty useful for someone that finds a machine from Canada, since many of them are wired for 600v.

However, that's what you just did was got a machine that was from Canada, I think.

Did you put a different transformer in your machine and/or motor, or how did that work ?

Or did you buy the machine in the U.S. from someone that had adapted it with the transformer and you decided to get rid of it and replace with 208v ?

And the other question, if a machine is running on 600v, does it take almost 3x the power as a machine running on 208v ?

Alan (a fairly bad electrician)

Last edited:
Alan,
I put together my own open delta transformer system using two 240-600V single-phase transformers. I have a thread in the Deckel/Maho/Acier Euromill with the details. This link should get you there.

The mill does not take 3X the power. Except for inefficiency losses, its power stays the same independent of voltage. It is true that, since the voltage is 2.5 times higher, the current (Amps) is 2.5 times lower. Hence, the wire gauge can be smaller on the high-voltage side.

Regards
Rich (not Russ)

Dredging this one up. I still have the autotransformer, and it is still free to a good home. I am now willing to bolt it to a pallet and shrink-wrap it, but buyer pays all shipping and arranges pickup. For $50 I am willing to drop it off at Fastenal for shipping. I estimate Fastenal shipping store-to-store to be around $100 for SF Bay Area to Phoenix, AZ kinds of distances. If no one bites, I am going to give it to a local surplusser, because I hate to see it scrapped.

Back