What's new
What's new

FREE cold saw blade sharpening

triplechip

Aluminum
W.D. Quinn Saw Co. located in St. Louis, MO would like to offer FREE COLD SAW BLADE SHARPENING to Practical Machinist forum members during the month of January 2017.

This is for your typical HSS cold saw blade used on manual, semi automatic, and full automatic cold sawing machines. With sizes ranging from 6" to 20" in diameter.

Download and fill out our sharpening order form CLICK HERE and send your blades to us, NO QUANTITY LIMIT. All orders must include this order form to receive the FREE sharpening. Blades must be received by January 31, 2017 to received this FREE offer.

This FREE offer is for blades that just need resharpening. All work will be performed on state of the art Loroch CNC cold saw blade sharpening machines. You can see them in action here!

Cold saw blades (any diameter) that require retoothing can also be done for a fee of $12.00 The only other cost to you would be the return shipping charges.

Since 1903 W.D. Quinn Saw Co. has provided precision saw blade sharpening services for all types of industry. If you have any questions, please feel free to call our office.

Thank you,
Bill Zickel
President
W.D. Quinn Saw Co.
Quinn Saw | Circular Saw Blade Sharpening and Repair : Quinn Saw

Last edited:
He has my recommendation. Very pleased with blades he has sharpened for me. I was stuball48 when I did business with him -- before I forgot my password

dkmc

For most cold sawing applications out there, the tooth form C is the most common. This is referred to as a triple chip tooth form. The triple chip tooth form has a hi-lo tooth form with chamfers on the high teeth. The high tooth only cuts 1/3 of the chip in the center, and the low tooth cuts 2/3 on the outer edges of the tooth. The triple chip (C) is for heavy wall tubing or solid material.

The other common tooth style for cold sawing is the BW, referred to as alternate bevel. No hi-lo, and the chamfers are alternating every other tooth. Good for thin wall
tubing.

The A and AW tooth styles would be commonly used for aluminum extrusions. These would be used with higher speed non ferrous cold sawing machines. Carbide tipped saw blades do most of this cutting nowadays. And there are 100's of tooth styles with those too.

We also grind these blades with different hook and clearance angles depending on what you are cutting. aluminum, mild steel, stainless steel, etc.

Give us a call with an application, and we can dial a blade in for you.

Bill

Bill,
What is an estimated lead time? I have a Bolton CS-275 with the factory blade. Is this blade worth resharpening rather than replacing?

Jay

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Q: What do you get when you cross Superman with an uber-frugal Scot?

A: A "Milacron"

:)
Dunno about the "Superman" part ......but mostly UPS is a PITA these days for shipping as I don't receive or ship enough anymore to have daily pickup.... and since I changed to a new shop location, the UPS office is now many miles out of the way whereas USPS is only a city block out of the way running toward the shop.

since I changed to a new shop location, the UPS office is now many miles out of the way whereas USPS is only a city block out of the way running toward the shop.

Point taken - overhead / nuisance time costs vs shipping. Spoilt here in high-density metro DC.

B'lieve for a blade of that sort, I'd fasten it to MDF, OSB, or plywood, cut a pasteboard bespoke "envelope" for it, use USPS.

Wonder if we could ask how this particular sharpener shop packages and ships?

Bill

We send out blades by UPS, FedEx, Truck line or any way the customer would like.
Bill
I suspect by "how"... Monarchist is more curious if you have special packaging for each size blade, what is the nature of that packaging, and if you wrap the teeth with plastic trim, or dip the teeth in special sauce, or ??

Monarchist,

After the blades are sharpened, we clean and dip the blades with plastic protective coating. Then we box them up in a NEW cardboard box for shipping. We pack the blades in as tightly as we can to prevent any movement of the blade.

Bill

Decent price on resharpening wood saw blades.

I had a local guy that did an excellent job and charged a good price, but he's long since retired.

I may send you some table saw blades when they need it.

Steve

Monarchist,

After the blades are sharpened, we clean and dip the blades with plastic protective coating. Then we box them up in a NEW cardboard box for shipping. We pack the blades in as tightly as we can to prevent any movement of the blade.

Bill

That was for the community.

Contrarian as I am, I refuse to put round blades on my Kasto saw.

:)

Back