What's new
What's new

FS 12 inch d1-6 magnetic lathe chuck 150

Jaydeems

Plastic
12 inch magnetic lathe chuck for sale. Preferrably for pick up in springfield Massachusetts since it weighs so much it would cost a ton to ship. Also have lots of magnetic starters and cutler hammer switches for super cheap. 20180309_153551.jpg20171213_101411.jpg226771[/ATTACH]

I'll take the mag chuck - IF you want to make a stout box and ship it Fed Ex ground or the like

I doubt it weighs 100 lbs

PM sent

Only one requirement I have is that it be permanent magnet - mechanically turned "off or on" - no electrical involved

It will make a useful item adapted to my #4 B&S Universal Grinder

Last edited:
That's a first for me. In 45+ years of being around shops I've never seen a magnetic lathe chuck before--didn't
know the beasts even existed. Have I been leading a sheltered life? Or are they just that rare?

I could send ypu pictures of all the ones i have. The labels should tell you everything you need to know. Prices vary but i dont think theres anything there over 75 bucks. Most are new old stock and some are never used but i dont have the box. Email would be way easier to send you pictures so if you wanna send me an email @ jay.demas28 At comcast.net i can send you a few pictures. Thanks.

I never seen one in use til steven gotteswinter used one on a youtube video. If by chance you havent heard of him i would suggest searching his name on youtube.

Are the switches all the same? Do you have the contact blocks, or just the actuator knobs(levers whatever)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Switches and contact blocks

Are the switches all the same? Do you have the contact blocks, or just the actuator knobs(levers whatever)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Could you email me at jay.demas28atcomcast.net
This site doesnt work very well on my phone and its all i have for web browsing right now. I do have the power blocks

They are not only rare, they are very dangerous.

Yes, they can be. Especially in the wrong hands. I've got a circular pattern type mag chuck. It has a 22mm center hole that I put a pin in with the same in the work piece if the work piece will allow. They beauty of this type chuck is facing thin discs.

Free bump for Jay - he still has a bunch of electrical parts for sale. I just bought a couple starters from him, received them yesterday, perfect (as described) and a great price. Thanks Jay.

Back