What's new
What's new

FS 4" Hardened/Ground step jaws for Kurt D40 vise 5 sets available

I have some 4" Snap Jaws for a Kurt D40 vise. These are hardened and ground with a step in them.

I have 5 sets for sale, 4 sets have an .865" step and 1 set has a .990" step in them.

I have no idea if these are their current offering, but they sell for $160/ea on their site.

http://snapjaws.com/cart/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1_20&sort=20a&page=2

I'll sell these for $40/set, you pay the shipping. All of them will fit in a small flat rate if someone wants all of them. Otherwise small flat rate for 1 or more. See the pic, I have a set of .865" steps on it. Nice jaws, I've been using a set of each for 4 or 5 months with no complaints.

jaws.jpg

What is the center to center distance on the mounting holes? I'm wondering if they will fit a Glacern 4".

2.500"

If the Glacern is Kurt compatible, they will work. I don't know too much about Glacern vises, I only have Kurts.

EDIT: I should add, there are screws/bolts that come with the jaws, and the head is similar to a cheese head screw, but has a socket head on the flat. These screws are 3/8-16. On my Kurt 3400 they will mount on either inside or outside, I am not sure if the D40 is like that, but surely these will mount on the inside as most commonly used. The reason they call them Snap Jaws is you can easily replace the jaws, just loosen the screws and the jaws pull right off, the screws stay in, swap the jaws, you don't need to completely remove the screws.

Check the website for more info.

Last edited:

Back