What's new
What's new

WTB- Altivar 31 VFD's

Milacron

Administrator
Staff member
Ideal would be 1 hp and 3 hp sizes (230 volts 3 phase) but would consider 3/4 hp and 5 hp as well. HAVE to be Altivar 31 (Telemecanique/SquareD)...will consider no other VFD's for this application.

Sorry, Don, but all I can offer is a NIB 1.5HP Altivar 31, model ATV31HU11M3X. Input 200/240 V 3 PH, output .5-500 HZ. $100

Larry
Actually that might do in place of the 1 hp one. Does "NIB" mean new in box ? If so, does it come with the manual and CD ? :)

Oh, and what year is it aprox ?

FWIW, my direct email is [email protected]

I replied by email with pictures.

New in box with all original contents: VFD, manual, CD, metal plate and screws. Box and all contents look new. Label says N998, maybe 1998?

And I have two NIB remotes with 3 meter cables for the Altivar 31 at $65 each.

Larry

I also have a new, but no outer box, Altivar 31 .5 HP VFD, model ATV31H037M2 for $100. Still has the cardboard origami inner box and the CD and book.

And I noticed all of the CD's and instruction books are dated 2004.

Don may decide to buy the 1.5 HP VFD, but he does not want the remotes. His first post eliminated possible interest in the .5 HP VFD. He would have to drill one or two new mounting holes for the 1.5 HP, which is wider than his old 1 HP. He said he would let me know.

Email: lvanice at comcast.net

Larry

I am very curious. Why does it have to be a Alitivar VFD?

We who have experience here know never to question the Leader. It only leads to unpleasantness.

But I can say the Leader is looking for a drop-in replacement for two drives in a CNC machine and sees no reason to deal with whatever problems would have to be solved by substituting some other component. He is even weighing the option of drilling one or two holes to mount my larger VFD versus paying $160 more to a dealer for the exact replacement drive.

Larry

But I can say the Leader is looking for a drop-in replacement for two drives in a CNC machine and sees no reason to deal with whatever problems would have to be solved by substituting some other component. He is even weighing the option of drilling one or two holes to mount my larger VFD versus paying $160 more to a dealer for the exact replacement drive.
Re "must be Altivar"...mostly because each drive has to be programmed for specific motor parameters and to interface with a CNC control, and the tech that does this is only familar with Altivar drives. But also because I don't want to be wasting time re-routing wires that may not reach the terminals of a different make of drive. I don't mind drilling/tapping new mounts, but re doing wiring can be quite a PITA.

Re my original "wanted" request... turns out I was wrong about needing a 3 hp size... I actually need a 4 hp size... but 5 hp would do. The actual part number I need is ATV31HU30M3X (4 hp)..... or ATV31HU40M3X (5 hp)

Back