What's new
What's new

FS: 7400 lb swivel leveling mounts (machinery feet)

crrmeyer

Stainless
For sale:

7400 lb swivel leveling mounts (machinery feet)

I believe these are McMaster-Carr 6111K59, which sell new for $21.77 each. I would like to get $20 + shipping for a set of four. I have two sets of four available. USPS Flat Rate is probably the cheapest shipping.

Proceeds to help fund my Boy Scout Eagle Project. I was given these feet and a partial Clausing 15 in drill press to sell for parts. Yes, I am using my dads account with his permission.

Attachments

• IMG_6003.jpg
    IMG_6003.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 218
  • McMaster_carr_6111K59.JPG
    McMaster_carr_6111K59.JPG
    32.7 KB · Views: 290
crrmeyer's presumed Life Scout wrote: "Proceeds to help fund my Boy Scout Eagle Project."

So, what's the project?

Chip

My Eagle Scout Project involves building two picnic tables and twenty trail signs for the Arroyo Hondo Nature Preserve, which is located just north of Santa Barbara. My project will help expand the educational outreach that Arroyo Hondo provides to schools in my area.

My Eagle Scout Project involves building two picnic tables and twenty trail signs for the Arroyo Hondo Nature Preserve, which is located just north of Santa Barbara. My project will help expand the educational outreach that Arroyo Hondo provides to schools in my area.

Is there anything you need?

Is there anything you need?

I think me and my dad have most of the tools needed to complete the project. Yesterday I received training on how to make signs from the facilities staff at a local camping resort. From that training, I learned that I would need a small plunge router. We are looking for one, so if you have any suggestions on what plunge router works best, please let me know.

Thanks

Jase

Remember, your Eagle project is supposed to show leadership. So voluntell your fellow Scouts to show for a work party. Your Eagle BOR will be loaded with questions about leadership on your project. My go to plunge router is a Dewalt DW621. Good luck. Father of 2 Eagles.

Ask around the troop for the router. My son and I participated in about a dozen Eagle projects during his tenure in his troop. Between myself and the Scoutmaster and a few other dads, we had most tools needed. If not, we rented. One thing that has changed (at least locally) is whether Scouts are allowed to use power tools -- real ones that could bite, like routers or chainsaws. Things have gotten a little more restrictive, probably because of the smaller number of dads who aren't familiar with correct power tool use. Qualified training and supervision requires qualified trainers and supervisors. That said, I've got no trouble training and overseeing a 14-year-old using a quarter-sheet palm sander. But one of the core issues in leadership and delegation is resource allocation: steering the right task to the right worker.

Don't forget to call the local utility locating service before you dig holes for signs, etc. Even if everyone agrees there 'can't be anything way out there'. Addressing that issue in your write-up is an important detail, according to 'someone' who has participated in a Board of Review or two... ;)

Chip

Back