What's new
What's new

FS: Braunsdorf Mueller Knurling Outfit - 12 post with case, holder.

joshuadedwin

Plastic
Braunsdorf Mueller Knurling Outfit - Early 1900's era tool set. Braunsdorf-Mueller Company, Elizabeth NJ.

This set came with a lathe that I have purchased.

Includes original wooden case, holder/handle and 12 cutting heads. Diagonal, straight, diamond, and rope knurling patterns.

Listed on ebay, starting bid: $50

Braunsdorf Mueller Knurling Outfit - Vintage Tool Set | eBay

Antique, Vintage, Jewelry, Lathe, Machinist, Tools.

Attachments

• DSC_1960.jpg
    DSC_1960.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 237
  • DSC_1964.jpg
    DSC_1964.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 269
  • s-l1600 (1).jpg
    s-l1600 (1).jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 228
  • s-l1600 (2).jpg
    s-l1600 (2).jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 250
  • s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 206
I don't think that "bidding" is allowed here and people posting here, are expected to participate in other parts of this forum. Please read the "stickies" or forum rules for clarification.

JH

That is a rare tool, and I see it at $400 now.

But it is dead easy to make one, which I did after selling my antique set for a good price. I also made the T-rest base for my Hardinge 59 lathe, using an original Hardinge tee. Note that standard straight and diagonal knurl wheels can produce antique-style convex straight and rope knurling.

Larry

DSC01176.jpgDSC01177.jpgDSC01180.jpg

Larry,

Thanks for the tip, that is a great idea! I typically seem to only end up using the diamond patterns when I make things but your idea gives me some options should I want something more decorative.

That is a rare tool, and I see it at $400 now.

But it is dead easy to make one, which I did after selling my antique set for a good price. I also made the T-rest base for my Hardinge 59 lathe, using an original Hardinge tee. Note that standard straight and diagonal knurl wheels can produce antique-style convex straight and rope knurling.

Larry

View attachment 197063View attachment 197064View attachment 197065

Larry
I copied your setup and have been enjoying rope knurling with success. Instead of a t rest i use a ring welded to a shank that clamps into a tool post. I also clamp a vise grips to the knurling tool for control. My setup has been working well on grade 2 titanium.

Knurl.jpg

Last edited:
Also,search for "How to make knurls" by GWILSON,with pictures( bad ones!) I show how to make your rope knurls with a rotating tap held in the chuck. I have a better ,non auto focusing camera now,and need to re do that post with better pictures.

I think I need to sell my knurling outfit,the same outfit as shown,if they're getting that kind of money!!

Back