What's new
What's new

FS drill index for S-D drills

Finegrain

Diamond
Hi guys,

Just made one of these for me to finally get my reduced-shank drills organized, and figured what the heck, as long as I have it programmed, I might as well see who else might want one.

IMG_0449.JPGIMG_0450.JPG

1-1/2" x 4" x 14-3/4" 6061
Top surface is faced, other surfaces are mill finish.

$50 + shipping

Regards.

Mike

Last edited:
That is beautiful. I have used a Huot stand for over thirty years, but it only works and is not beautiful. Still, I will keep on using it. I see they still sell the Huot, but yours is less expensive and is certainly worth more.
HUOT METAL Drill Stands - MODEL .: #833SD For Cutting Tool: Silver & Deming Drills Size Range: 1/2"-1"x64ths - - Amazon.com

Someone on PM made very nice 50-hole S&D bit stands of laser cut stainless a while back, but they did not have the bit sizes marked. I bought four of his, special ordered with .656" holes for 3C collets. You could probably do that version with just a drill bit change. I use my stands for metric, square and hex collets in addition to fractional, so having the sizes engraved would only be good for the fractional set.

Larry

For anyone else interested, or who isn't familiar with silver and deming bits, the listed sizes are 33/64 to 1" by 64ths and all holes are .5" dia.

Good looking trays at a great price Finegrain. I'd buy some if I used S&D bits. But let me know if you ever run any for full dia, shanks.

Back