FS: EXCELLO mill Quill and spindle
Largest Manufacturing Technology
Community On The Web
Close
Login to Your Account

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    South Bend, In
    Posts
    2,275
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    105
    Likes (Received)
    169

    Cool FS: EXCELLO mill Quill and spindle

    Excello mill spindle and quill

    R8 Quill assembly looks like it has never been installed. The quill diameter is 3.561"
    - includes a draw bar...$300 plus shipping.

    The R8 spindle looks good. I think it was removed from a new machine and replaced with a 40 taper spindle...$200 plus shipping

    EXCELLO. EX-CELL-O. XLO.

    Ted
    [email protected]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails img_1407.jpg   img_1408.jpg  

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    South Bend, In
    Posts
    2,275
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    105
    Likes (Received)
    169

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SBLatheman View Post
    Any interest ??

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Georgia
    Posts
    185
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    6
    Likes (Received)
    14

    Default

    I am somewhat interested but I have a 40 taper machine and I was thinking about buying this as extra but not sure on quil diameter. Looking for a table and cross piece if you have it also.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    South Bend, In
    Posts
    2,275
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    105
    Likes (Received)
    169

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ianagos View Post
    I am somewhat interested but I have a 40 taper machine and I was thinking about buying this as extra but not sure on quil diameter. Looking for a table and cross piece if you have it also.
    I don't have a table or cross piece, but I have a bunch of N.O.S. repair parts that I can give you a good deal on.
    Ted

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Georgia
    Posts
    185
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    6
    Likes (Received)
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SBLatheman View Post
    I don't have a table or cross piece, but I have a bunch of N.O.S. repair parts that I can give you a good deal on.
    Ted
    Ok I'm interested in the variable drive bushings and key, a drawbar (nmtb 40), hand wheels for variable drive, variable drive fork, oil level sight, hand wheels for leadscrew, and probably more stuff but that's what I remember off the top of my head if you want to let me know what you have I'll let you know if you want any of it.
    You wouldn't happen to have american pacemaker spare parts too would you?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Upstate NY -In the Flats next to the corn fields
    Posts
    8,557
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1230
    Likes (Received)
    2034

    Default

    I might possibly be interested in the R8.
    I have a machine that's Erickson quick change, NMBT 30.
    Let me have a look at the quill diameter....

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    South Bend, In
    Posts
    2,275
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    105
    Likes (Received)
    169

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ianagos View Post
    Ok I'm interested in the variable drive bushings and key, a drawbar (nmtb 40), hand wheels for variable drive, variable drive fork, oil level sight, hand wheels for leadscrew, and probably more stuff but that's what I remember off the top of my head if you want to let me know what you have I'll let you know if you want any of it.
    You wouldn't happen to have american pacemaker spare parts too would you?
    No Pacemaker parts. Not any of those XLO parts either, except the plastic keys.
    Here's a picture of most of the collection of parts I have:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails img_1420.jpg  

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Georgia
    Posts
    185
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    6
    Likes (Received)
    14

    Default

    Ok is the quil lock you have there the actual knob? How much for the key?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Central VA, USA
    Posts
    306
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    6
    Likes (Received)
    28

    Default

    hi,

    Do you have any of the spindle lock parts? or a pin spanner to remove the lower fixed pulley half from the spindle?

    Fixing up a new to me machine that had the head turned upside down and then was run after the gearbox oil was all over the drive. Spindle lock doesn't work so great all covered in gear oil.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Georgia
    Posts
    185
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    6
    Likes (Received)
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mpmar_bt View Post
    hi,

    Do you have any of the spindle lock parts? or a pin spanner to remove the lower fixed pulley half from the spindle?

    Fixing up a new to me machine that had the head turned upside down and then was run after the gearbox oil was all over the drive. Spindle lock doesn't work so great all covered in gear oil.
    I had the same problem except I've never been able to remove that pulley so I just let it be.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Central VA, USA
    Posts
    306
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    6
    Likes (Received)
    28

    Default

    That's an option I had considered, but I would hate to never have the spindle lock.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Georgia
    Posts
    185
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    6
    Likes (Received)
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mpmar_bt View Post
    That's an option I had considered, but I would hate to never have the spindle lock.
    I thought about just spraying some brake cleaner in there but I think one of the bearings is open up there.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    South Bend, In
    Posts
    2,275
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    105
    Likes (Received)
    169

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ianagos View Post
    Ok is the quil lock you have there the actual knob? How much for the key?
    The quill lock is only the stud, threaded on both ends.
    I have 2 different size keys .253 square and .253 x .269"
    Free with the purchase of the quill assembly or spindle

    Quote Originally Posted by mpmar_bt View Post
    hi,

    Do you have any of the spindle lock parts? or a pin spanner to remove the lower fixed pulley half from the spindle?

    Fixing up a new to me machine that had the head turned upside down and then was run after the gearbox oil was all over the drive. Spindle lock doesn't work so great all covered in gear oil.
    No spindle brake or spanner.
    Ted

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Central VA, USA
    Posts
    306
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    6
    Likes (Received)
    28

    Default

    Drive belt? If not does anyone know the size and type of belt?

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Georgia
    Posts
    185
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    6
    Likes (Received)
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mpmar_bt View Post
    Drive belt? If not does anyone know the size and type of belt?
    I'll look I bought a replacement a while back I just need to look on the computor

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    South Bend, In
    Posts
    2,275
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    105
    Likes (Received)
    169

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mpmar_bt View Post
    Drive belt? If not does anyone know the size and type of belt?
    I don't have a belt, but according to the info I have it is a 1922V321
    I would let lanagos confirm that before I bought one.
    Ted

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Georgia
    Posts
    185
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    6
    Likes (Received)
    14

    Default

    PowerDrive 2322V364 V Belt IB-VS--1 7/16 X 36.4

    That is what I had. Honestly I'm not sure as ted as something different.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Georgia
    Posts
    185
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    6
    Likes (Received)
    14

    Default

    Sorry to double post but I figured out why I have a different belt than what ted stated. The 1.5hp models use the belt he stated while the 2hp use the belt I stated. This is an excerpt from the manual. Just look up the reeves number or reference above posts for the correct belt for your machine


  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    South Bend, In
    Posts
    2,275
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    105
    Likes (Received)
    169

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dkmc View Post
    I might possibly be interested in the R8.
    I have a machine that's Erickson quick change, NMBT 30.
    Let me have a look at the quill diameter....
    Dan,
    I haven't heard from you yet.
    Ted

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    middle tn
    Posts
    33
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    6
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default

    Ted, do you still have the r8 quill?


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •