What's new
What's new

Fs: Phase ii 10" horiz/vert rotary table - great shape $265

atgordon

Cast Iron
phase ii horizontal & vertical 10" rotary table - used - in excellent condition
model: Hv-221-310 (order code 65-221-310)

specifications:
diameter: 10"
gear ratio: 90:1
vernier reading: 10 seconds
graduated 360°
3mt taper

t-slot width (6): .465"
shipping weight: 129 lbs

$265 + ups group shipping costs ($138-180) - free pickup in wilmington nc
IMG_1514.jpgIMG_1516.jpgIMG_1517.jpg

Yeah, I can get it shipped cheaper than you can ship it. So, I have a few questions.

1. Does it rotate smoothly 360 degrees?

2. Have you put an indicator on it to see if the working surface is within spec for flatness/parallelism and remains in spec during rotation?

3. Due to my own ignorance, how the heck do you clamp it to the mill bed when it's horizontal? I see no U-channels for clamps.

Yeah, I can get it shipped cheaper than you can ship it. So, I have a few questions.

1. Does it rotate smoothly 360 degrees?

2. Have you put an indicator on it to see if the working surface is within spec for flatness/parallelism and remains in spec during rotation?

3. Due to my own ignorance, how the heck do you clamp it to the mill bed when it's horizontal? I see no U-channels for clamps.

1. YES, SMOOTH OPERATION THROUGH FULL ROTATION. NO SLACK OR BACKLASH.
2. WITHIN +- .0005 (IN OTHER WORDS,IT DIDN'T VARY BY MORE THAN A THOU ALL THE WAY ROUND)
3 FOR HORIZ USAGE, THERE IS A U-CHANNEL ON THE FRONT OF THE UNIT, AND A LARGE 2" x 2" CLAMPING APERTURE ON THE BACK. THE VERTICAL OPERATION IS SECURED BY TWO 0.550" KEYS THAT ALIGN WITH A KEYWAY, AND THE BODY IS THEN CLAMPED USING STANDARD MILLING TABLE T-BOLTS AND CLAMPS (THERE ARE CLAMPING SURFACES TOWARDS THE ENDs OF THE BASE). I'VE NEVER USED IT VERTICALLY!

The following site give more info the Phase II Rotary Tables.

1. YES, SMOOTH OPERATION THROUGH FULL ROTATION. NO SLACK OR BACKLASH.
2. WITHIN +- .0005 (IN OTHER WORDS,IT DIDN'T VARY BY MORE THAN A THOU ALL THE WAY ROUND)
3 FOR HORIZ USAGE, THERE IS A U-CHANNEL ON THE FRONT OF THE UNIT, AND A LARGE 2" x 2" CLAMPING APERTURE ON THE BACK. THE VERTICAL OPERATION IS SECURED BY TWO 0.550" KEYS THAT ALIGN WITH A KEYWAY, AND THE BODY IS THEN CLAMPED USING STANDARD MILLING TABLE T-BOLTS AND CLAMPS (THERE ARE CLAMPING SURFACES TOWARDS THE ENDs OF THE BASE). I'VE NEVER USED IT VERTICALLY!

The following site give more info the Phase II Rotary Tables.

PM sent....

That's a killer deal for someone local.

May not be bad with shipping, but killer for local.

Steve

The disadvantage of being by the ocean, in a great location! I do have a friend who works for delivery company that operates in the NC, SC and southern VA areas, and could deliver to the door for $60, but timing would depend on his next scheduled trip (which vary from tomorrow to three weeks hence!). If anyone on those areas is interested and not in a hurry, let me know ...

Back