What's new
What's new

FS r-8 Daishowa quick change system

demoj21

Stainless
I have for sale a Daishowa Seiki R-8 quick change set. The set includes the r-8 holder, 1/4,3/8,1/2,5/8,3/4, end mill holders, and a Cushman 0-1/2 drill chuck. We got this new years ago, and used it very little. I am looking for $375.00 shipped priority flat rate with paypal or money order payment. Thanks Jason.

[/URL
]

Do you know what shank the QC tooling is? Looks like it might be Kwik-Switch 200. I'm interested if it is in fact QS200 as I could share tools with my Series 2 CNC.

From what I am finding on line, dimensions appear to be spi 1 taper Yuasa and Nikken made holders they fit, the end mill holders are Yuasa , It is not kwik switch 200 for sure, Thanks Jason

I take it you need the spanner to change tools and it isn't the type that retracting the spindle pops the tool holder out?

Yes spanner wrench, is needed and supplied. The only spindles I have seen that pop out the tool is the tree double angle collet. That would be nice if it did pop out. Thanks Jason

Yes spanner wrench, is needed and supplied. The only spindles I have seen that pop out the tool is the tree double angle collet. That would be nice if it did pop out. Thanks Jason

They had the pop out type on a Bridgeport where I worked over 20 years ago I never caught the brand. I have an air ratchet type so I think this set up here would not save any time. I put collars on the tools to set depths. What is the repeat ability when you change tools? How long does it take to change tools at a reasonable pace?

It takes a half of a turn to tighten a tool in, so grab spanner, loosen, tool pops out, tool back in, half turn to tighten, and done. Honest time 30secs to a 1 minute I guess, it depends on your setup. As far as repeatability, my answer would only be a guess, we haven't used this since 1999 when I got the first vmc. I will say it is in good shape, and a quality made In Japan tool. I looked but could not find specs for it on line. I know these answers are not good ones, but I honesty have not used it in years. Thanks Jason

It takes a half of a turn to tighten a tool in, so grab spanner, loosen, tool pops out, tool back in, half turn to tighten, and done. Honest time 30secs to a 1 minute I guess, it depends on your setup. As far as repeatability, my answer would only be a guess, we haven't used this since 1999 when I got the first vmc. I will say it is in good shape, and a quality made In Japan tool. I looked but could not find specs for it on line. I know these answers are not good ones, but I honesty have not used it in years. Thanks Jason

Thanks for answering the questions, I kind of thought about it and it wouldn't help me out. My fault not the tool.
I got a bum shoulder and tool changes would be physically harder that what I currently use. Sorry for taking your time.

Still for sale, sent danil a pm, last sunday, with payment details never heard back. Thanks Jason

Back