What's new
What's new

Gage block accessoiries

luc

Aluminum
This is a NEW set of clamps for gage blocks. Clamps for up to 12".
Possibly it's a Mitutoyo, absolutely not a cheap chinese copy
Includes several gauge block ends (rounded set for checking ID, pointed ends, etc.)
The stand is handy for checking heights (it is calibrated to 35mm by itself)
US$700.00 shipped (The same set from Mitutoyo will cost over US$2500)
Shipping US$ 75 at my charge

Attachments

• IMG_1874.jpg
    IMG_1874.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 466
  • IMG_1875.jpg
    IMG_1875.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 384
  • IMG_1876.jpg
    IMG_1876.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 357
  • IMG_1877.jpg
    IMG_1877.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 335
  • IMG_1878.jpg
    IMG_1878.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 315
To me it looks like an item a lot of people would not have a need for, you might have to sit on it a while or maybe try E-bay. Also even selling on E-bay sometimes you are up against the prices of Chinese copies on some items as people feel they can get by with a lower quality product.

its probably hard for people to wrap their heads around whether its offshore or Mitutoyo, but I have a Mit set and it looks identical. Other than the label on the box, there is no branding on any of the pieces. Just saying, the Mitutoyo ones don't have the logo stamped all over and it sure likes exactly like mine so would agree its Mit....heck of good price for one

Last edited:
its probably hard for people to wrap their heads around whether its offshore or Mitutoyo, but I have a Mit set and it looks identical. Other than the label on the box, there is no branding on any of the pieces. Just saying, the Mitutoyo ones don't have the tuning forks stamped all over and it sure likes exactly like mine so would agree its Mit....heck of good price for one

So the seller should post a picture of the box cover showing the Mit label.

IMHO the box looks typical of the CHICOM style (white wood, deeply dadoed flimsy looking hinges) and not like any Mit stuff that I have.

Here's the Mit kit: 516-601.jpg

Definitely not the same as OP.

Last edited:
I agree, if they OP has that info, if they sticker exists, he should post it and without its a bit of an uphill battle. That it does look superficially similar to chicom is why I bothered to post. Don't assume their branding and packaging haven't changed over the years. I believe these sets are a lot older than the one you posted.

Anyway, doesn't matter to me, but there is nothing about the appearance that suggests its not mitutoyo, as the early sets like mine do look like that

No dog in this particular cold-nosing - my ones are Webber Gage, used, and proud of it, not NOS.

But .. does anyone have fotos of a "Vis" set out of Poland to compare?

No name on this box or on anything in it, but it all looks eastern European to me. I bought this used on ebay because it was cheap. I'd bet money it's not Mits.

No bet. Foregone conclusion.

More than fifty years China, East Bloc, et al knew that bare minimum to earn entry to US/EU, other "first world" markets was country of origin, etched, stamped, engraved or otherwise "permanently" marked right into the goods.

Absent that, these were made for Sov-Bloc internal economy, military/industrial, export to third-world, or with no export in mind at all.

I wonder if it's a metric or imperial set.

I think it's metric because I can clearly see "250" on the longest clamp (pic #2).

If imperial, I'd expect to see "10".

Either way, not a problem. I've got a calculator.

Are rectangular gage blocks the same width, regardless of national origin? Not good to buy this set and find that my blocks won't fit in the clamps.

Not good to buy this set and find that my blocks won't fit in the clamps.

If you are to work with them at all, best - and not terribly more expensive - to have both sexes, at least as to the basics.

IIRC, I can stack to around ninety inches - four and more times what I'd ever find a practical need of - what with the extras I've added to my "inch" sets.

Metric, nought but a basic set.

I found this on the internet from a-Machine-Tool.com

Mitutoyo 516-601, Rectangular Gage Block Accessories

Same set but only 14 pieces, it's a Mitutoyo!!

My set is with 22 pieces

This must be a 516-601P, but in another wooden box

My set is from 1990 but never used

Attachments

• mitutoyo gage blocks.jpg
    mitutoyo gage blocks.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 145
Sorry to say, but I doubt it. Everything about the stack holders (surface finish, weak knurling, deformed screw slots, kerning and alignment of text, binding pin protrusion, and rough threads) says knock off. The Mit 516-601 may be what they copied, but your set definitely looks like a copy to me.

Back