What's new
What's new

Gorton / B&S parts

leeko

Stainless
A few months back, an active member of several of the machining forums died unexpectedly, leaving his widow with a shop full of machines he was in the process of rebuilding after a fire. I'm not sure if he was a member of this forum or not (I haven't seen any of his posts here), but many of you may have read his posts elsewhere as he was a Gorton 8-1/2D / 9J owner.

Much of his machines and tooling went to the scrappers, but some pieces were salvaged by his local friends. I ended up with a small pile of parts for a Gorton 8-1/2D, maybe one or two from a 9J, and some handwheels for a B&S tool and cutter grinder, which I would like to pass on to people who can actually use them rather than see them scrapped. All proceeds from the sales will go to the family.

2. Depth micrometer assembly - $50 - SOLD PP
3. Worm gear - $20
5. Original information plates/labels - $20
6. Micrometer dial - $30
7. Knurled knob - $20
8. Cover plate - $20
9. Quill feed handle - $30
10. B&S T&C handwheel, large. Has micrometer dial on the back - $50
11. B&S T&C handwheel, medium. Has micrometer dial on the back - $50
12. Power feed gear selector handle - $30
13. Drawbar from 9J - $50
14. Power feed lever - $30
15. Worm gear (angled x-feed?) with micrometer dial - $50 SOLD PP
16. Geared shaft - $20
17. Gorton quick change collets, 0.375 and 0.750 - $25 for both

That's all I have for the moment. I may have a bunch more collets in the near future, will update when that happens. If anyone wants closer shots of anything, let me know.

Thanks,

Lee

20150928_201948.jpg

Please make offers on this stuff guys. No reasonable offers will be refused - this stuff does no-one any good on my basement floor.

Thanks,

Lee

Updates

2. Depth micrometer assembly - $50 - SOLD PP
10. B&S T&C handwheel, large. Has micrometer dial on the back - $50 *** SOLD ***
11. B&S T&C handwheel, medium. Has micrometer dial on the back - $50 *** SOLD ***
12. Power feed gear selector handle - $30 *** SOLD ***
15. Worm gear (angled x-feed?) with micrometer dial - $50 *** SOLD ***
8. Cover plate - $20 - SOLD

What's left, make offers! How about $140 for everything?

3. Worm gear - $20
5. Original information plates/labels - $20
6. Micrometer dial - $30
7. Knurled knob - $20
9. Quill feed handle - $30
13. Drawbar from 9J - $50
14. Power feed lever - $30
16. Geared shaft - $20
17. Gorton quick change collets, 0.375 and 0.750 - $25 for both

Lee

Hi Gerald, i believe i still have both pieces, and they should fit in a USPS flat rate game box ($20), so the total would be $100.
Or, i can ship a different method if you prefer. I'm heading out of town tomorrow for the week, so there may be a short delay in shipping, i hope that's ok. Feel free to PM if you'd like to go ahead.

Thanks,

Lee

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Or feel free to make an offer (forgot I'd written that above). All proceeds going to the family

Lee

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Back