What's new
What's new

Hardinge HLV Cross Slide And Compound Screws F/S

I think what you have is for the HLV-H or TFB-H models, built after 1960. I am pretty sure they will not fit the HLV or TFB, built from 1950 to 1960.

Larry

I think what you have is for the HLV-H or TFB-H models, built after 1960. I am pretty sure they will not fit the HLV or TFB, built from 1950 to 1960.

Larry

I'm sure you'd know as much or more about these as anyone Larry, and I appreciate your input. I on the other hand can't remember why the one was removed and nobody directly involved can seem to either, I thought we might have added or modified a machine immediately after delivery. Maybe a taper attachment was ordered with the lathe and not included so was added after the fact?
Dan

The HLV-H taper attachment works with the normal cross feed screw.

One reason to replace screws and nuts on a new machine is to change from inch to metric or vice versa. Did you determine if your parts are 10 TPI, or might they be metric?

The cross feed nuts are drilled and tapped while mounted in the machine. New replacement nuts are not drilled and tapped, and you need a special kit with drills, bushings and tap to install a new nut. That way, when the dovetails are scraped, changing the relationship between the screw bearing bracket and the nut, you fit a new nut and the screw will line up with the nut threads. So a nut from one machine may not quite work right in a different machine.

Larry

Back