What's new
What's new

home shop machinist magazine back issues

deth502

Aluminum
after replying to a thread concerning plans in hsm, it occurred to me that someone may want the pile of back issues i have. however, before i go through the trouble of listing them, i am checking to see if there is any interest. they are mostly from 2002 to 2008, with a few odd outlyers and a few machinist workshop issues.

if anyone is interested i will expand this post.

thanks.

Yes, I could be definitely interested. Right now, i'm broke. Just gave the Federal and State government all my money. Don't know if you wanted to hear that, but I could probably scratch up enough to cover shipping. Let me know and I certainly understand if you want to pass on this opportunity. LOL!!
Mike

Me too.... I'd be interested in third place of whatever you might have after the prior two replies pick through what you have.

ok, to start with, full disclosure. i was looking for back issues, and i found a huge lot from vol 1 issue 1 all the way up to 08, while i already had from 02 to 08, but they were a package deal so i had to take them all. i paid $3/ea for them, ill let them go for $2.50 each separately, or $100 for the whole lot of 47 (around $2.13 each). or make an offer.

full list. * = new in wrap ; p = "poor" a few are a bit wavy, like they may have gotten wet, still fully readable ; other than that, most should be in very good condition. i havent gone through all of these, but the ones i put into the collection were all vg condition.

vol 16 (1997)
#3*
vol 21 (2002)
vol 22 (2003)
vol 23 (2004)
#5p
#5*
vol 24 (2005)
#4*
#5*
#6*
vol 25 (2006)
#1*
#2*
#3*
#4*
#4*
#5*
#6*
vol 26 (2007)
#1*
#2*
#3*
#4*
#5*
bonus issue*
vol 27 (2008)
#2*
#3*
vol 30 (2011)

also
hsm special edition- digital machinist (2006?) *

machinist workshop
vol 16 #4 (2003) p
vol 18 #2 (2005) p
vol 20 #2 (2007)
vol 24 #2 (2011) *

Is there something in that magazine that is worth building? I have subscribed twice,cancelling both times,as there were no projects worth reading.
it has had its chance,and an extra chance,to see if the magazine ever got any better. It didn't!!:(

The lowest ,bottom of the barrel project was a little church made of two pieces of aluminum. An end mill which (of course) left round ended cuts,was used to make the windows. The steeple was glued on. The whole thing could fit in the palm of your hand.

I enjoyed reading the ads the most.

Is there something in that magazine that is worth building? I have subscribed twice,cancelling both times,as there were no projects worth reading.
it has had its chance,and an extra chance,to see if the magazine ever got any better. It didn't!!:(

The lowest ,bottom of the barrel project was a little church made of two pieces of aluminum. An end mill which (of course) left round ended cuts,was used to make the windows. The steeple was glued on. The whole thing could fit in the palm of your hand.

I enjoyed reading the ads the most.
When they got to "Episode 5" of how to build a lawn edger (That I could fab up in a couple of hours
using off the shelf parts) I dropped my subscription....

Digger: Do you recall that ridiculous horizontal mill someone cobbled together from found parts? The table was a Chinese drill press table with several INCHES of travel. The whole thing got LOOOOONGER and LOOOOOOOOONGER until it looked like it was 3 feet of strung out pulleys and belts!! Ugliest mess I had seen in some time!!:)

Digger: Do you recall that ridiculous horizontal mill someone cobbled together from found parts? The table was a Chinese drill press table with several INCHES of travel. The whole thing got LOOOOONGER and LOOOOOOOOONGER until it looked like it was 3 feet of strung out pulleys and belts!! Ugliest mess I had seen in some time!!:)

Naw...I gave up after 1 year, waiting 2 months for each magazine, only to find an "ongoing project"
stretched out ad nauseum did it for me.
The shaper made from weldments did get my attention, until the long compliant letters started...

Doug,

Frankly, IMO, it was totally uncalled for. The thread was hijacked without any valid justification, and now the OP is getting harassed for no reason.

I'd suggest everyone to cool down and let the guy sell his stuff. We all sharing a common interest after all.

Peace!

Mike

Let's see:
1. Home shop materials
2. Under 50 post's

Your still not reading the guidelines eh ? yet spewing some hatred to members here....You'll go far.

I'm the one spewing hatred? i clearly quoted the forum rules you were breaking. please quote where exactly in the stickied rules where it says that you need to have 50 posts? you caught me, i joined 10 years ago with the intent of one day making an illegal for sale thread and have just been biding my time till now. and i posted trade literature under the accessories section. before i posted i searched the current sale ads and there were other posts selling literature, and for some reason i didnt see you shitting on their threads. and if it was out of line, then PLEASE, by all means, report it to the moderators and if they tell me its not allowed ill gladly comply. that is why they are here, and why there is that "report" button, so we can conduct ourselves civilly and not be trash talking vigilante trolls.

and the check was received and they were sent out today. the post man tells me that they should be at his house by saturday. thanks, steve!

Back