What's new
What's new

Large Carbide Selection Designed for Plastic.. Up cut and down-cut

Stoney83

Aluminum
I purchased a large auction lot of carbide endmills designed for cutting plastic. The factory they came from was running multiple spindle machines (up to 22 spindles per machine) and changed the cutters out often. Most of the cutters show no wear and some show minimial wear on the bottom 1/8" or so. For they guys here I would pick out the niceset. I've run a few cutters on random UHMW, Delron, and Nylon 6/6 jobs and they cut like butter.

1/8 - 1/2" Carbide Sq Bottom only. Examples include

1/2'' Carbide Cutter Two Flute Low Helix Upcut Finishers Vortex 4260 List $99 => Asking $15
1/2'' Carbide Cutter Three Flute Downcut Phenolic/Composite Spirals - Series 6200 List $124 => Asking $15
3/8'' Carbide Cutter Three Flute Low Helix Upcut Finishers - Series 4400 List $88 => Asking $12
1/4" Solid Carbide Two Flute Upcut for Hard and Soft Plastics List $28 => Asking $5

I haven't inventoried the stuff below 1/4 but there are 1000's of 1/8" single flute and 3/16 2 flute.

If you need some plastic cutters PM and I might have a deal.

FYI
I bought some of these from William.
Had to remind him a week after payment to ship them.
Received the cutters and half of them had chips on the length of the flute

FYI
I bought some of these from William.
Had to remind him a week after payment to ship them.
Received the cutters and half of them had chips on the length of the flute

Thanks for sharing your experience, as someone who was recently burned by a PM member, I appreciate when members share their transactions with other members both good and bad.

Joe

Back