What's new
What's new

New Bridgeport 2J Rebuild Manuals Now Available

SWBrooks

Cast Iron
We are pleased to offer an addition to our series of renovation manuals for classic American machinery. Just in from the printers is a new 156 fully illustrated manual on how to refurb the Bridgeport 2J variable speed milling machine. Some sample pages are available for preview below. The manuals can be found in our store on ebay or you can contact us directly via private message. We sincerely appreciate the support and kind words we have received on our previous publications from the PM group.

Link to the manual

Rebuild Manual For Bridgeport 2J Variable Speed Mill - eBay (item 150456740467 end time Aug-02-10 05:24:42 PDT)

We also offer two other soft cover manuals as a resource for refurbishing two of the more common used machine tools that we all see on the market. These are also in the ebay store for your consideration.

1. The 9" South Bend Workshop Lathe
2. The Bridgeport 1J Mill (Step Pulley)

These books are originally produced works and they are NOT just copes of pre-existing operation manuals floating around out there on the web. If you already have one of these fine machines or if you are looking to refurbish one, please take a look. Thanks for the consideration.
Steve

Attachments

• 2J Photo1.jpg
    2J Photo1.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 860
  • 2J Photo2.jpg
    2J Photo2.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 2,664
  • 2J photo 3.jpg
    2J photo 3.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 1,728
Last edited:
Bridgeport Variable Speed Manual

Barry, Hornluv,
Thanks very much for the feedback and the kind words.

Just fyi, the manuals are also available from Lindsay Publications (www.lindsaybks) for folks that don't like dealing on ebay. I don't think they're on the Lindsay website yet but they are in the print catalogs now.

Steve

Bridgeport Variable Speed Manual

Mark, Mike,
Thanks very much for the order. Please let me know how it works out for you. We're always looking for ways to improve and make the experience easier on the user.

Best Regards, Steve

Well Worth It

Got the manual today. Well written and illustrated with lots of very useful information. I am very pleased. Thanks for putting it together.
Denis

lindsay books

i ordered the Bridgeport 1J and Southbend books through Lindsaybks.com

when Lindsaybks has the 2J I will buy that one too.

I avoid buying through Ebay. Been burned too many times.

Bridgeport manual

DMF_TomB
Thanks very much for the note. Lindsay publications doesn't have the 2J books yet as it just arrived from the printer and was rolled out last week. They time their new book introductions to their print catalog so I'm guessing it will be a couple of months if they decide to carry it. If anyone would like to purchase direct in the interim, we're glad to take a personal check, MO, paypal, whatever. We don't hold up the shipments waiting for checks to clear. Never had a problem. If you would like a set, just send me a PM and we'll work it out.

Best Regards,
Steve

Bridgeport 2J Rebuild Manual

Mark, Denis,
Thanks very much for the purchases. I'm glad that you're satisfied with the manuals. Let me know if there is anything else we can do.

Regards, Steve

Steve,
I just received my books today and though I have not studied them yet I have looked through each book. All I can say is WoW! An excellent resource. Keep up the good work.

Bridgeport Variable Speed manual

Tommy,
Thanks very much for the positive comments and the purchase. Let me know how it works out for you.

Steve

I bought one from you last night. I enjoyed reading the step-pulley version I bought from you earlier. I'm a nut for documentation. My bidder id is "Ferrofab".

Back