What's new
What's new

New South Bend Lathe Rebuild Manual - 10L ,13",14.5",16"

SWBrooks

Cast Iron
Good evening,
For everyone that's been asking over the last 6 months, we've finally released the next South Bend renovation manual today. We were humbled by the response to the 9"/10k manual we put out last year so we hope our new offering meets everyones' high expectation. Sorry it took so long. The new manual covers the 10L (Heavy 10), 13", 14.5" and 16" series of industrial lathes which were essentially the same basic design except for the scale. We used the 10L and 13" lathes for demonstration in the book. The guide is 8-1/2"x11" soft cover, 166 pages, with over 450 B&W photos along with detailed instructions on disassembling, cleaning, reassembling and adjusting the lathe. Sample page photos are included in the link below. Included are sections on how to evaluate used machinery, how to handle stubborn taper pins, how to refinish industrial machinery and much more. The link to our ebay store is below. As always, we welcome feedback from our customers as we revise and improve the manuals over time. Thanks to everyone for their patience. Regards, Steve

Link:
http://stores.ebay.com/stevewb

Attachments

• DSC03839Final.jpg
    DSC03839Final.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 8,552
  • p1.jpg
    p1.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 9,964
  • p2.jpg
    p2.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 3,571
  • p3.jpg
    p3.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 4,198
Just ordered one. Looking forward to get it.

I got the parts kit a few weeks ago, I was waiting for you to get this out. The J1 BP book has been handy. All the info is out on the web but the value of having it all in one place makes it well worth it.

I also use the book as a permanent record of things I check or replace on the machines, serial no etc.

My only feedback is that it would be great if you could update the parts list in the next print. Hardinge have changed all the parts number.

Manual

Mr. Jonsson,
Sorry... I didn't see your note until after I shipped. You don't want my signature... maybe an oily thumbprint on the cover would be more appropriate? Just kidding. Thanks much for the purchase. Steve

That's alright,

The good think with your choice of cover is that they don't get all that oily :-)

Ulf

Mr. Jonsson,
Sorry... I didn't see your note until after I shipped. You don't want my signature... maybe an oily thumbprint on the cover would be more appropriate? Just kidding. Thanks much for the purchase. Steve

You should probably post in the SB section. I recall milacron rather contain SB stuff there as he view them as hobby machines. I seen a post where he encourages for sale of SB to be right in the forum rather in the machinery that he like to keep for commercial machines.

SBL Manual

Hi Ulf,
Thanks for the suggestion. I try to be respectful of others in the discussion forums and only post "for sale" stuff in this section. Most folks will find it. Regards, Steve

South Bend Manual

Thanks for the interest everyone.

I've had several emails from folks that do not do ebay or paypal, so if you wish to purchase directly, it is not a problem. Just drop me a PM or email and I'll provide you with the contact information and collect your shipping info. Steve

This is a really nice book. The pictures are very clear and there seems to be more pictures than text, as it should be. This book will be the key to making this pile of parts I have back into a fully functioning 10L. Thank you Steve.

Greg

Got mine the other day and it is quite good and nicely bound. Seems very comprehensive and well worth the money to me. Shipped very quickly as well.

South Bend Manuals

Thanks to everyone for their kind words and feedback on the new manuals. We're very pleased that they are meeting the community expectations. We've also been most appreciative of the PM members who have contacted us and shared their experiences. There were a number of questions on the single tumbler version of the gearbox so we are planning on adding a section in a later edition. We sincerely appreciate your continued interest.
Best Regards,
Steve

Single Tumbler

Hi Benny, sorry for the delayed response. We're looking at having a supplement ready this summer that covers the single tumbler. Regards, Steve

Back