What's new
What's new

FS "Heat Treatment, Selection, and Application of Tool Steels"

MichaelP

Titanium
I have a spare copy of "Heat Treatment, Selection, and Application of Tool Steels" by W.Bryson. This hardcover book is still in shrink wrap.
$35 shipped in the cont. US.

Attachments

• Linn-20110402-00146.jpg
    Linn-20110402-00146.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 91
Looking forward to it. I'm hoping there's a lot more info in that book about the applications of tool steels than what I find in Machinery's Handbook.

I'm getting into rebuilding some of the mechanisms on my nephew's shoe repair machinery, and it's clear to me from the wear patterns that engineers at the machine builders either didn't have good materials available or just didn't bother choosing the right one.

If nothing else, it'll give me a needed education in HSS cutting tools, judging by the photo on the book cover. ;)

Worse comes to worst, it can always serve as a door stop, but I'm sure you'll find a better use for it. :)

Thank you again, Ken.

Mike

Holy smokes! This had to be the FASTEST shipping ever without paying for Next Day Air! Mailed out on Saturday from WI, received in MA on Monday.

Wow.

Thank you, MichaelP!

Looking forward to stopping doors....er.....I mean reading a good book.

Last edited:
I got a copy of this book on Amazon but am somewhat disappointed with it. It doesn't do a good job of explaining heat treatment and is cookbook in structure. If you know nothing about heat treatment it kinda helps but don't think you can open a shop with this book.

Back