What's new
What's new

WANTED: Center scope

MichaelP

Titanium
I'm looking for a center scope with approx. x20 magnification (ideally, 1/4"-3/8" field diameter visible when the scope is focused) and either a crosshair or a crosshair/concentric rings combo reticle.

Please contact me by e-mail (left click on my screen name and choose the "Send e-mail" option). Please give me a description of what you have, condition of the scope (both mechanical and optical) and your asking price. Photos will be very helpful too.

Thank you.

Mike

Last edited:
There are at least two kinds of center scope, so you need to state what sort you want. Schaublin (Swiss) sold one with a long straight barrel that fits into the 25 mm bore of the spindle holder on their lathe milling attachment. I have one for sale. Other makers sold scopes with straight or tapered shanks that could be held in a lathe tailstock or mill spindle. I have one by Charmilles, the Swiss EDM maker, with 2 MT shank for sale.

Larry

Good point Larry, as always. Thank you.

I was thinking about the second type with a straight shank. However, 2MT may, potentially, work for me too. Could you please send me the details?

Thanks.

Mike

The Charmilles scope has the name embossed on the wooden box lid. The scope is not marked in any way, so I can only say it might be about 20X. The field of view is about 1/8 inch. It has cross hairs and concentric circles, with four screws to calibrate it. It has a light with a 24V screw base bulb that could be replaced with a lower voltage. There is no transformer with it. There is a fine steel center with carbide tip for doing the rough centering before installing the scope. The box exterior shows age and wear and should be refinished. All the tools in the box are in near new condition.

Larry

Charmilles Center Scope 1.jpg

Thank you for the description and photo. Sounds like the magnification is around 40x-45x (small visible area).

Anyway, what do you ask for it, Larry?

Back