What's new
What's new

Wanted: 6" 2 jaw chuck

I have one, it has no back. A bit dirty, the jaws are probably not 2 piece but you could machine them.
25$ plus shipping.
Not pretty!
Ed
425-919-5068 will get picture tonight if interested.

I have one, it has no back. A bit dirty, the jaws are probably not 2 piece but you could machine them.
25$ plus shipping.
Not pretty!
Ed
425-919-5068 will get picture tonight if interested.

Hi Ed,
They've pretty much got to be 2 piece, but thanks.

Okay just looked at it. The face of the jaw takes an insert. So instead of the top of the jaw coming off the face does. Would that work?

We would have a 6" Self Centering 2 Jaw Scroll Chuck In Stock with the 2 Piece Tongue & Groove Jaws you need on the shelf Ray. Here is a link to it:
HK15262R - ToolHIT

If you have any questions or need more info let me know.

Thanks Ray!

Mike

2 jaw

Pictures, I know not what you are looking for but for 25$ thought it might work.
You can see where you add a jaw face. Does not need to be dovetail could just rectangle.

Attachments

• IMG_0212.jpg
    IMG_0212.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_0213.jpg
    IMG_0213.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 87
Ed,
I should have said that the jaws need to be Amer. Std. type. I can't picture them taking an insert.

Ray,

If nothing better turns up, I have no short-term need - nor probably even a LONG term need - of a fair-decent Hardinge 6" 'conventional' model 6-20 2-J, marked "Ductile Iron" here.

It has one set of steel, not shiney-wood, blanks on it. Tall and only very slightly modified, topmost side, to about 1/8" deep, so very nearly still Virgin. Looks like the classical square tab two-bolt American Std to me. Or whatever else Hardinge used, circa 1998.

Downside is it has a made in England threaded backplate on it. INSET at the rear, BUT.. it IS a removable plate. Attaching capscrews plus adjacent threaded bores that "seem to be" for jacking the plate back out/off.

Cudda been differential heat inset, though, so it might need cutting out.

Yours if you need it. I don't much make chips, anyway.

Bill

Ray,

If nothing better turns up, I have no short-term need - nor probably even a LONG term need - of a fair-decent Hardinge 6" 'conventional' model 6-20 2-J, marked "Ductile Iron" here.

It has one set of steel, not shiney-wood, blanks on it. Tall and only very slightly modified, topmost side, to about 1/8" deep, so very nearly still Virgin. Looks like the classical square tab two-bolt American Std to me. Or whatever else Hardinge used, circa 1998.

Downside is it has a made in England threaded backplate on it. INSET at the rear, BUT.. it IS a removable plate. Attaching capscrews plus adjacent threaded bores that "seem to be" for jacking the plate back out/off.

Cudda been differential heat inset, though, so it might need cutting out.

Yours if you need it. I don't much make chips, anyway.

Bill

Bill,
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.

Back