What's new
What's new

Wanted to buy - Dazor arms

Mud

Diamond
I want to buy a few Dazor machine light arm assemblies. The lamps can be broken, damaged, or missing altogether, if the rest of the arms and pivots are complete and not too terribly damaged.

John at 717-464-2800 jmagee at com castdot net or PM me here.

I used to work at Dazor, oddly enough, in Purchasing. I don't think they do anymore manufacturing here in the USA, unfortunately. They used to be about 5 blocks from Barnes-Jewish Hospital in St. Louis, but the father died, and one brother bought out the other, sold the factory to Barnes for an expansion, and moved the company to West County St. Louis, MO.

My point in all this, is that there used to be a repair department, manned by a guy named Jose, who was awesome, and a legal immigrant to boot. When they would repair a lamp, and sometimes just rebuild them per customer request, they would keep the old parts as spare parts.

You might want to call them and see if they have any used spares they are willing to sell.

I think I have maybe three of the 16 or 18" two-tube fluorescent articulated arm desk/drawing board lights. I used them on my watch repair benches decades ago and had a spare. Is that what you want?

Larry

I need this type - friction ball joints. The counterbalanced desk type won't work for this, but thanks.
Doesn't have to be Dazor brand, but I don't know of any other brand that works like this. I want to use them to hold a panel in place on a machine.

1100-MG #700.jpg

Dazor made a number of different lamp arm and base styles, I suspect with interchangeable parts.

Much drafting equipment has been liquidated in recent years and continues but not at as high of rate. If you have a university in your area see if they have a surplus store. Also watch for public school and estate auctions. A Craigslist wanted ad would likely turn up a few too.

I have a number of these in my workshop for task lighting and they are great.

I need this type - friction ball joints. The counterbalanced desk type won't work for this, but thanks.
Doesn't have to be Dazor brand, but I don't know of any other brand that works like this. I want to use them to hold a panel in place on a machine.

Another light brand to consider would be the Fostoria machine lamps?

Here’s an example;
68BD8F76-13BD-4A2F-8CE0-14A8063049E1.jpg

These hold position a little better....most of the used Dazor lamps I have seen wouldn’t hold position anymore because they were over tightened? Typically I would have to disassemble the fixture and bend the socket area back so it would grip again?

I stopped throwing all of these fixtures away and have been repurposing them for a third hand on my welding bench!

Good luck on your search, it seems all the Steampunk artists like these fixtures as well?

Kevin

P.S. You may want to add what length arms you would like, they made short ones and longer ones you typically would find on a mill?

018 Dazor Lighting Technology | 430 Industrial Dr. | Maryland Heights, MO 63043
Toll Free: 1-800-345-9103 | Phone: 314-652-2400 | Fax: 314-652-2069 | E-Mail

I've had one of these for...meahhh.. "a long time".

The square tubing is a stock size, so mine was arranged to handle much wider PCB's - multi-CPU server MB & such.

PanaVise 333 Circuit Board Vise - PCB Holder with 38 Weighted Base | eBay

My one differs in having the ball-socket as also used on the vises:

PANAVISE 35 Stationary Vise Base, 2-1/2 x 5 In | eBay

Far more positive locking at the ball-socket than a Dazor.

Plus - AFAIK, anyway, one need not compete with "steam punk" collectors driving up the prices.

S'pose a person could series them, and or use the stronger Panavise ball-socket for first-stage, revert to Dazor(ish) for the lower mass of the next stage(s)?

I'm looking for Dazor arms again, lights not necessary, damaged or incomplete is OK, I want to build a birthday gift for a long time friend. What do you have around? My contact info is in the first post.

Back