What's new
What's new

Wanted, Lerver for Pratt Burnerd LC Collet Chuck

Danny VanVoorn

Titanium
Like it says, Looking for an original or something that can be modified to work. The chuck OD at the bronze actuating ring measures 5.025" and the holes for the pins/ set screws are .400" diameter. Naturally it will have to be a little bigger than 5.025 to allow room to pivot and the set screws probably need to be threaded for 1/2" or a metric equivalent. If someone has something usable and wants to see it go to a new home let me know.
Dan

I could give you dimensions off mine. The bed mount for the pivot point looks to be shop made but it's functional.

Letting me get the dimensions for a factory would be generous of you because I may wind up making one. I think all the mounting brackets are shop made but that is a separate issue, I don't know yet whether I want to head stock mount it or do some sort of bed mount.
Dan

Letting me get the dimensions for a factory would be generous of you because I may wind up making one. I think all the mounting brackets are shop made but that is a separate issue, I don't know yet whether I want to head stock mount it or do some sort of bed mount.
Dan

PM me your email address and I'll try and get some pictures and dims. As I recall the pivot is pretty far forward of the headstock, making the bed mount a lot more practical in my case than a headstock mount.

Back