What's new
What's new

WTB 5/8 shank turret tools

twin staged

Aluminum
not ready to pull the trigger just yet. Need to finish up the details with the customer, but then I’ll need to tool a turret lathe quickly. Job is all drill/tap work. Looking for adjustable holders for drills. Going to need a tapping head either tt or some other variant. If you have a box of old goodies stashed and want to sell let me know. Thanks. Would be interested in a top slide parting attachment as well. Hoping eBay won’t be my only source for this stuff.

Hoping eBay won’t be my only source for this stuff.

It was mine. Had to search on "Hardinge" stand-alone then drill though thousands of returns "manually" 'coz a high percentage of the sellers get the descriptions garbled.

Those who get it RIGHT are also greedier, asking-price vs wear and tear wise, so it did pay-off.

Tons of it out there. Best to put someone else onto tagging it for your review, though.

Bit of training on nomenclature variants, a few graphics handy, Hardinge's own catalog pages, a schoolkid could do that tedious part.

Thermite's pretty much spot-on. eBay was a good source, but go with a good seller that has good photos and a good description. Virtually every time I found a low price, short description, single photo, or any combination thereof, I got a beat-to-crap tool that required often considerable extra work in order to 'save'.

I've had to retap screw holes, virtually always replace fasteners, occasionally weld up and remachine critical surfaces, file down countless burrs and dings in the shanks, you name it.

I eventually collected a nice selection of tools, for what I suppose was a relatively decent price, but I put a good many hours into fixing them. And more than a couple of times I bought a tool that couldn't BE repaired.

I would suggest determining exactly which tools you'll need, and buy good quality, well-described examples from reputable sellers, even if it's not the bestest most screamin'-deal price out there.

Doc.

I have lots of spare 5/8 shank and other tooling for Hardinge 2nd op lathes. I do have the Hardinge TT-5/8 releasing tap holder and tap collets and the cut off holder for the lever cross slide, plus an assortment of drill holders.

Send me a private message with your email address and a list of what you need.

Larry

Back