What's new
What's new

WTB Boyer Schulz 6 x 12 Direct Drive Spindle Motor

PWP

Hot Rolled
Looking to find a Boyer Schulz 6 x 12 Direct Drive Spindle Motor. Picked up this grinder Friday and the motor is bad. Looked on eBay for something that might work. Not wanting to spend time making an adapter plate if possible.

Paul

The grinder is probably not worth the price of a rewind. I will check several places on Monday. If I found a replacement, I could could always use the field from the replacement motor and the rotor from the original motor.

I don't know if it would help but I have a 6x12 BS belt drive motor here that has the mounting holes screwed up , but other than that I think its good. I have no idea if this would help you out or not, just putting it out there. If it would work for you let me know. You could have it very cheap. Mike

What I am dealing with is a special GE motor. I will try to attach some photos. The length of the motor frame, If I use the field only is less that 8 inches. I can be more precise if needed. This is not a normal C face motor.

Attachments

• IMG_2625.jpg
    IMG_2625.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_2624.jpg
    IMG_2624.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
That appears to be an external fan cooled motor, The Harig is a totally enclosed fan cooled motor. While not the same exactly motor many others will be usable in the application. A grinder duty motor is not that common in the used motor area. Rebuilding your motor may be the only way to save your grinder.

Back