What's new
What's new

WTB Dean Smith and Grace type 18 or21 scewcutting parts

pressbrake1

Stainless
Hello I need the half nuts and engagement assemblies off either a type 18 or 21 dsg lathe. Id buy a whole lathe if knackered( I wouldnt wreck a good lathe for parts) Or just the half nuts off a norton type gearbox 21 or 18.
Save me the misery of making them from copies of 60 year old drawings with lots of missing dimensions!

Hello I need the half nuts and engagement assemblies off either a type 18 or 21 dsg lathe. Id buy a whole lathe if knackered( I wouldnt wreck a good lathe for parts) Or just the half nuts off a norton type gearbox 21 or 18.
Save me the misery of making them from copies of 60 year old drawings with lots of missing dimensions!

Its a super long shot but if you give the DSG number a call and ask for Stuart (if i remember that right). Super nice bloke who helped me out with a 13z questions and manual. Ya never know.

Thanks i had spoke to Stuart. Modern 1960 on halfnuts are available at £1350 but the matching mechanisms even if affordable got skipped sadly.
Stuart did send me a barely readable copy of the drawings for the correct halfnuts for my machine. Im going to make prototypes in aluminium to test drawing.
Trouble is if I bought a complete lathe to rob the parts Id end up rebuilding it and still have a lathe with missing half nuts!

Back