What's new
What's new

WTB DoAll Lamp Assembly

Artfrombama

Plastic
Want to purchase a lamp assembly to replace the one that is missing on my DoAll 2013-V bandsaw. Parts list calls for a 091-688424 and prefer the durability and quality of an OEM but hey, whatchu got?

I have a number of NOS Moffatt Model 0418-3 lamps with 18" gooseneck for mounting on a horizontal surface. They have a switch in the top of the shade and 4' grounded cord. They are all black and are rated for 100 W bulbs and include removable steel guards. They come with a base that you fasten to a horizontal surface with three screws. The lamp has a quick disconnect to let you remove it from the base. The bases I have allow you to swing the lamp out of the way. You get two bases so you can swap the lamp between two places. Moffatt sells another model base that locks rotationally. I made a custom base for one of my Hardinge lathes, which was not difficult. To mount the bases I have to a vertical surface, use a piece of iron or aluminum angle about 1.5 x 1.5 x 1.5 x .13.

The gooseneck is very stiff and the lamp stays where you want it. These lamps are industrial quality and were OEM on Shopsmith, Rockwell, Accu-Finish, Darex and other machines. They can have a magnifier lens attached to the shade if you need help with details.

The pictures show one of the unused ones, wrapped in plastic and with two bases, as you will get it, then two shots of a used one so you can see it unwrapped.

Price $45 each including shipping in the USA.

Retail is $68.60 plus S&H, guard $4.90 extra.
http://www.moffattproducts.com/Incan...hting-C20.aspx Click on 18" to see price. Here are the accessories: Task Lighting Accessories | Moffatt Products Inc.

Larry

Moffatt lamp 0418-3 1.jpgMoffatt lamp 0418-3 2.jpgMoffatt lamp 0418-3 3.jpg

Larry, if the OP doesn't need the lights, I'll take two.

Regards,
Lucky7

I have a number of these lamps, so I am unlikely to run out very soon.

Shipping to Canada is an extra US$35 each, total of US$80 per lamp. Do you have an address in the USA to which a USPS package can be shipped?

Larry

Hi Larry,

Yup, I have a US mailing address for easier transactions on both your's and my end. Will PM with details. Thanks.

Regards,
Lucky7

Lucky7 is getting his two.

I found that I can ship two lamps in one box for under $90, depending on the USA address. Quantity orders are encouraged.

Larry

So far, I have had two buyers for the lamps. Still have more for sale.

Here are some pictures of three of my machines on which I have used Moffatt lamps. The Hardinge HSL has a post mount that I made myself to take advantage of a tapped hole for a lifting eye provided by Hardinge. The other two pictures show a band saw and surface grinder with OEM angle brackets for the quick connect lamp base. The base does not work if mounted directly to a vertical surface because the lamp is free to rotate on the base, a very good feature in most cases.

Larry

Bandsaw.jpgHardinge HSL.jpgSurface grinder.jpg

Back