What's new
What's new

WTB: Haimer 3D Sensor

Johnny SolidWorks

Hot Rolled
Before I go out and buy a new one I thought I'd see if anyone had one gathering dust. I'd prefer the inch model, and an integrated Cat 40 holder is definitely too much to ask for (but I'll throw it out there anyway.)

Spare/extra probes are a bonus.

Thanks gang!

I wish you luck trying to find one of these collecting dust. As you know it will be a long shot. lol

If you do not find a used one I can recommend this eBay seller. http://stores.ebay.com/Haimer-Sensor-Store?_trksid=p2047675.l2563 I bought mine from him 4 years ago and have been getting my probe tips from him since then as well. Anymore I just call him up and place an order. Super guy who has sent sample freebie endmills from time to time with my orders.
FYI I have no affiliation with Pat other than what I have boughten from him and he has great customer service. From my understanding, this is just a side gig for him but is an authorized dealer for Haimer. Don't be afraid to shoot him a best offer price.

Newbie question: I see a lot of people swear by Interapid test indicators, but the CNC community seems to love the Haimer 3D indicators. The Haimers seem to be able to do everything an Interapid does only with another dimension, or am I missing something?

Newbie question: I see a lot of people swear by Interapid test indicators, but the CNC community seems to love the Haimer 3D indicators. The Haimers seem to be able to do everything an Interapid does only with another dimension, or am I missing something?

Apples to oranges.

An Interapid DTI can only measure something in one direction and needs to be re-positioned to measure another. The Haimer (3D) can measure in all directions without having to be re-positioned or in other words "re-zeroed". This allows you to compare the position of one point with another. If one has to re-position the indicator before measuring the next point the "zero" has been lost and the results meaningless.

Hope that made some sense,

-Ron

I wish you luck trying to find one of these collecting dust. As you know it will be a long shot. lol

If you do not find a used one I can recommend this eBay seller. http://stores.ebay.com/Haimer-Sensor-Store?_trksid=p2047675.l2563 I bought mine from him 4 years ago and have been getting my probe tips from him since then as well. Anymore I just call him up and place an order. Super guy who has sent sample freebie endmills from time to time with my orders.
FYI I have no affiliation with Pat other than what I have boughten from him and he has great customer service. From my understanding, this is just a side gig for him but is an authorized dealer for Haimer. Don't be afraid to shoot him a best offer price.

I will second the recommendation for Pat (for anybody else in the market). My last two came from him. Great service.

Watch this video for a very clear showing of what that Haimer can and do. It is by far the best tool I have ever boughten.

Thanks. I’ve seen the video. If you have a Haimer do still need an Interapid for some operations?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks. I’ve seen the video. If you have a Haimer do still need an Interapid for some operations?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Yes. A DTI like an Interapid is more accurate if you want to sweep in a hole center, and the smaller the hole, the greater the improvement. Also, a Haimer won't work very well, if at all, for any measurement that involves sliding the probe on a surface, like to check roundness of a hole or straightness of a line. Use a DTI for those operations.

Yes. A DTI like an Interapid is more accurate if you want to sweep in a hole center, and the smaller the hole, the greater the improvement. Also, a Haimer won't work very well, if at all, for any measurement that involves sliding the probe on a surface, like to check roundness of a hole or straightness of a line. Use a DTI for those operations.

Thank you!

Thank you!

I was surprised to see in the video that Haimer shows them using the tester to dial in an edge by running it back and forth along the surface. I was always under the impression this did not work due to the drag on the probe. I will have to give it a shot some time. Regardless it's not the right tool for the job IMHO.

It works. I do it all the time.
Is it as accurate as a DTI? No. If you are looking for "tenths" bust out the DTI. If "a thou'" is good enough? Git er' done.

Back