What's new
What's new

WTB HLV_H Lathe Bed

PWP

Hot Rolled
Anyone have a new one laying around for sale. A good used one might work. Any Idea what the approx.cost from Harding is

You may want to get out a yellow pages and start calling machine rebuilders as many may have a new one or good used one. The used ones can be re-ground if they are scored to deeply. If you have one, it might be worthwhile to call the rebuider in Cameron MO. Forget their name. Also you could call Cash Masters one of our members who could grind it.

Thanks Richard. Does the head stock sit on the Dovetail? I had rebuilt a BLK years ago and it did not. I had that table reground by a friend. Charged me 100.00. That was a deal. If I'm not mistaken approx. .030 was removed from the top. It was in really bad shape. I miss that old dog! Have a perfectly fine 10EE. Looking at buying an HLV with bad pitting on the bed. Never satisfied!

I emailed with Hardinge about this last fall. To regrind a plate was about $850. If the old plate is too scored/worn to be reground (or traded in as a "core"), a new one is about $1,500. I didn't get around to ordering one, but plan to soon. Anyone have experience replacing a bed plate like this? I imagine the teflon under the carriage would need to be redone. Gibs scraped too . . .

Back