What's new
What's new

WTB lathe manual for a 1948 Leblond

deadend

Hot Rolled
Need a manual for a 1948 Leblond slilding bed gap lathe. New manual is $85.00. Lathe is a 17"/28" it has standard Vee ways not the long slant like a Regal,
it has varible speed drive, it was on a navy ship at one time.

Attachments

• 100_4040.jpg
    100_4040.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 434
  • 100_4041.jpg
    100_4041.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 431
  • 100_4042.jpg
    100_4042.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 171
  • 100_4043.jpg
    100_4043.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 210
Nice to see a sliding bed lathe does actually exist...

LeBlond Ltd. > Home last I knew these guys still sold manuals for their own machines. They had them for the Leblond I owned a few years back. They'll just need the SN from the Tailstock end of the bed. They'll probably tell you who it was sold to at the same time.

That price was a bit painful but there is generally some very useful information.
Perhaps You'll get lucky and someone on the forum will have time to scan their copy for you. Were they able to tell You who the original owner was?

I have never laid my hands on one of the sliding bed lathes. In theory it's pretty neat but I have wondered if there were any issues with getting one leveled. My suspicion was that they were an elite class of machines and not many were sold.

Can you give the serial number? I have I think the same exact lathe. The number on it starts with a D I am not where the lathe is now but can be this weekend. mike

There is a Dept. of the Army Technical Manual (TM9-3416-221-10) that is an Operator's Manual, Lathe, Engine, Floor Mounted, Sliding Bed Gap, 17 to 28 in. Rated Swing. It can be printed out from the internet. It runs to almost 100 pages and includes all the schematics, parts lists, etc. I have a printed out copy and you are welcome to it, free, if you want it. Just pay the postage - maybe five bucks or so in a padded envelope. PM me if interested.
-Marty-

manual

There is a Dept. of the Army Technical Manual (TM9-3416-221-10) that is an Operator's Manual, Lathe, Engine, Floor Mounted, Sliding Bed Gap, 17 to 28 in. Rated Swing. It can be printed out from the internet. It runs to almost 100 pages and includes all the schematics, parts lists, etc. I have a printed out copy and you are welcome to it, free, if you want it. Just pay the postage - maybe five bucks or so in a padded envelope. PM me if interested.
-Marty-

Thanks I already looked didn't have one,unless I was looking in the wrong spot.

I was able to get a buddy to look at it for me and the serial number of mine is D10588, not that it matters other than I don't have a manual either and I guess if you find anything or I do I will let you know and likewise. I wonder how many of these are out there? Thanks mike

Gap Lathe

Well your is newer than mine, here is LeBlond's number they could tell you how many where made and between what years.888-532-5663

I was able to get a buddy to look at it for me and the serial number of mine is D10588, not that it matters other than I don't have a manual either and I guess if you find anything or I do I will let you know and likewise. I wonder how many of these are out there? Thanks mike

That variable speed drive is certainly unique--I've never seen anything like that on a leblond. It almost looks like it could have been a later modification??? Interesting and it gives me an idea for when I put my other Regal back together.

Back