What's new
What's new

WTB: Logan / Montgomery Wards 10" Compound Rest Assembly

J_Raut

Plastic
Subject says it all, need a compound rest for my Logan / Wards 10" lathe.

That would include the base plate and everything above (like what's pictured below).

Anyone have one they don't mind parting with? Doesn't need to be perfect, but needs to be complete.

Thanks in advance,
Jeff

Logan compound rest.jpg

All of mine are in use. Having bought and sold Logan lathes and parts in the past I would recommend you look for a parts lathe. Most of the 10” Logan’s used the same compound. Cross slides vary a bit so watch that. I have found used 200 and 800 series lathe at auctions for less the the compound cost. Recently I have seen several 200 series Logan’s with near new looking compounds. Good luck.

Thanks, Mach2.

Have been keeping an eye out mostly on craigslist and eBay.

Craigslist usually has complete (or near complete) machines, so nobody is willing to part with a compound.

Compounds come up on eBay every few weeks, but thought I'd try here in the meantime. Also, eBay prices are usually a rip off.

I do have a "backing off" / "relieving" compound equipped on there now. Locked the gibs down so it doesn't slide on me. So I'm not totally high-and-dry, so to speak, but a compound in the near future is a must-have.

I have a lot of miscellaneous Logan parts for my 1875. Made in 69 I believe. Not sure at the moment if I have a complete compound but will check this evening when I get home. I have a lot of other parts as well if there is anything else you might be looking for please let me know. I have a lot of gears and I got a really nice condition saddle as well. I was really excited to put it on and as I am putting it all back together I realized it's for the older style Logan and it won't work. :bawling: At least without extensive modification.

Back