What's new
What's new

WTB- morse taper adapters

M. Moore

Titanium
Looking for #1 to #4 and #1 to #3.
Hoping to find 20 to 30 of each size.

I bought a big lot of them last year but did not buy enough now that I found some more taper shank drills!

Thanks,

Michael

Just curious why you just don't use one of each size adapter? If the tapers arenj't nicked, it doesn't take much time to swap taper drills in and out and have them seat properly.

That's what I was wondering, you know you can use the same adapter on several bits.

Last year I bought many adapters from a member here, I think they were $3-$5 each, a very good deal.
I now have an almost complete set of taper shank drills from 1/8" to 1.25" by 64ths all with adapters to #4 morse taper so they will quickly install in my drill press.
it is quick to change out adapters but even quicker to just grab and go.
I aslo have a fairly good set of drill sizes done with #3 adapters to fit in my lathe.
Here is a pic of my nicely organized drills.

Michael

Attachments

• drillstorage2.jpg
    drillstorage2.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 1,837
  • drillstorage3.jpg
    drillstorage3.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 1,600
If you guys can't understand why it is beneficial to have all your drills ready to go, then I will have a hard time explaining why I want 20 or 30 adapters. I have two lathes and two drill presses when I really only need one of each.......are you guys in business or is it just a hobby? I've never seen the need to be snarky on this website but you guys are really pushing me.

I do appreciate you guys keeping this post at the top of the list.

I play golf reasonably well for a hobby, I do woodwork and metalwork for a living.
I am very fast at woodworking and getting faster at metalworking, completely self taught.

Hopefully someone with a drawer full of adapters will read through all this chit-chat.

Michael

I play golf reasonably well for a hobby, I do woodwork and metalwork for a living.
I am very fast at woodworking and getting faster at metalworking, completely self taught.

How fast are you to make a 3MT->1MT sleeve? :D

Hopefully someone with a drawer full of adapters will read through all this chit-chat.

Not to discourage you, but I think you got lucky last time, especially at the price.

Here's a pretty good deal on new Chicago Latrobe: 1MT to 3MT

New Chicago Latrobe USA MT1 to MT3 Morse Taper Drill Sleeve MTA Adapter 571 | eBay

Back