What's new
What's new

FA 800 Z axis travel?

Ox

Diamond
Got this here e-mail and saw 45" Z travel. ???

As it is labeled an HMC and not a HBM it would seem to not have a "W" axis, but come-on, 45" Z travel without a quill? That would hafta have a spindle stem 2' long! (They must not believe in pics?)

The items offered in this auction are not being offered live. Bidding closes on October 22, 2009 @ 4:00 PM USCT, unless otherwise noted.

To go directly to the the event details page for this auction click the following link:

http://www.bidspotter.com/forms/event.php?event=8501

Preliminary auction information:

2004 TOYODA 5-Axis CNC Horizontal Machining Center, MDL. FA 800

PALLET SIZE: 31.5in. X 31.5in.
MAXIMUM PALLET LOAD: 5,500 LBS
TABLE INDEX INCREMENTS: 0.001in. CONTOURING
X - AXIS TRAVEL: 53.1in.
Y - AXIS TRAVEL: 45.2in.
Z - AXIS TRAVEL: 45.2in.
WORKPIECE SWING: 51.2in. X 51.2in.
RAPID TRAVERSE X, Y & Z: 944 IPM
CUTTING FEEDRATE: 0.04 - 944 IPM
AUTOMATIC TOOL CHANGER: 120
TOOLING TYPE: CAT # 50
SPINDLE SPEED RANGE: 35 - 12,000 RPM
SPINDLE DIAMETER: 4.33in.
MAIN SPINDLE MOTOR: 40 HP
APPROXIMATE DIMENSIONS: 191in.(LR) X 301in.(FB) X 165in.(H)
APPROXIMATE WEIGHT: 61,000 LBS

EQUIPPED WITH:
FANUC 16I MB CNC CONTROLLER
5-AXIS TRUNION TABLE & LOAD/UNLOAD STATION
COOLANT THROUGH SPINDLE
KNOLL FILTRATION SYSTEM
HPCC LOOK AHEAD

CONDITION: VERY GOOD

-------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

i think the "5 axis" may be incorrect, i don't think i've seen a 5 axis toyoda in all my days. 4 axis would be more fitting looking at the thumbnail pic. and 45" would be about right. I have 28" from face of spindle to centerline of pallet, and my machines are 450 models, pallets 450mm x 450mm square. this machines pallets are 800mm x 800mm square so i believe the stroke to be right.

Pretty nifty machine. I'd be surprised if it brought $140K.

You just gotta dig a little deeper Ox:

1.jpg

11.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Starting "bid" is 300...

I still have yet to see the spindle config. :rolleyes5:

Although that rear pic looks like it has quill travel of some sort eh? Am I seeing that right?

----------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

It's just a normal horizontal spindle. Not quill or anything. The Z and Y axis are on the column, the X and rotaries (obviously) are on the table.

45" is actually a little light on the Z travel compared to what some of the other modern 800mm HMCs have. You gotta have enough length to clear a HUGE max swing, but you still gotta be able to reach all the way to the middle of the pallet.

Here's a shot of the spindle, Ox. It's rotated 90 degrees though, because the person posting the pictures likely had no idea what this picture was:

20.jpg

A buddy of mine bought a HCN8800, sort of like this one:

HCN%208800.JPG

And it's got 52 inches of Z travel. It's also got an integral spindle with 900fl/lbs of torque!:eek:

Those FAs were pretty tough machines though and 45" is right as I recall. Oddly enough though, the newer FH800 is shorter at 41" of Z.

And yes... those HCNs are a nice size. My FH8800s only have 40" of travel in Z. And I'll tell you... that HCN8800 is one kick ass ride! Can't wait to trade in on those to replace my FH8800s... (Uhhh.. what Forum am I in ;) )

Back