What's new
What's new

Toyoda FV1165 vs. Okuma M460-VE (MB-46VAE)

I have no experience with either brand. But I do have experience with Japanese and Taiwanese machines and in that race the Japanese tool usually comes out on top but at a higher price. Get what you pay for

Not sure what the last post means, but, my answer would be...Both machines are High end Japanese machines. Toyoda have a large(as I understand it) standing in the Automotive production systems (transfer lines etc.) wheras the Okuma in particular the MB46 VAE is a toolroom machine. If my memory serves me correctly the "VAE" version is with the 4th Axis. Both machines are very high quality and High performance. Both have state of the art controls, Fanuc (generally) on the Toyoda, and OSP controls on the Okuma machines. I have seen Okuma machines making "makino machine parts in Makino factories in Japan (awsome tour). They call them "mother machines". In other words they are used to make other machine tools.:)

Last edited:
Toyoda hands down. You can't go wrong with Fanuc controls, just my opinion. I worked with a Okuma in an offroad shop, working with the control was a pain in the ass as compared to a Fanuc, maybe just a lack of experiance on my part. I have run Haas, Matsuura, Toyoda, Hitachi Seiki, all very similar and going from one to the next was effortlesss. That Okuma takes a different way of thinking, mind you it was a good ridgid machine, cut lots of 4130, but the control really slowed me down productivly speaking.

What's in your shop now? How will your guys take to having to learn the new control if you don't already use Okuma? Will it be the black sheep? What is that lost productivity gonna cost you and will they be able to use it to it's fullest potential? I like standardization but thats just me. Good luck :cheers:

The Toyoda FV is made in Taiwan by an ODM , am not sure if Taiwanese can offer the same casting & manufacturing process like the Jap's,If you are okay with OSP controller and you got a local hand for service, Am sure Okuma may be a better buy

Most of the time the casting & manufacturing processes are different according to country rule. So i think Taiwanese can't offer the same casting & manufacturing process like the Jap's.

auction cars

Back